Samsung Stratosphere is the latest 4G LTE offering from Verizon, which officially hit the markets on October 13. Verizon Mobile’s 4G LTE service comes in the bundled contract with the device which gives you a roller coaster ride at amazing speed.
- Full QWERTY Keyboard
- 4” Super AMOLED Plus display
- 4GB internal memory
- 5MP Primary and 1.3MP front-facing camera
- Bulkier and heavier on the outside
- Comparatively lower battery backup
- Single core processor, unlike dual core chips in newer offerings
- Video capture poor in the smartphone race; 480p
Samsung Stratosphere Tech Specs
Samsung Stratosphere is basically built for the business class, the Stratosphere is one phone which is mid-range in the LTE line up of smartphones in the market. With a price that isn’t sky high and with the right mix of features and specs, the Samsung Stratosphere is one trendsetter in the line-up…
- 1GHz single core chip for superior data processing
- Android 2.3, Gingerbread
- Physical and Virtual QWERTY keypad with SWYPE technology
- 4 inches Super AMOLED™ Display with 800×480 Pixels resolution
- 5.0 Megapixels camera with 1.3 Megapixel front facing camera
- Data types – LTE 700, CDMA 800/1900, share 4G and data services
- Pre-installed ‘AllShare’; for cloud transfer of multimedia files.
- Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi enabled
- Pre-installed Google widgets
- GPS, Digital Compass and other features
- 4GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB
- Pre-installed Quick Office application
- Battery with 8 hours of talk time and standby time of 212 hours
- Mobile Hotspot Technology
- Dimensions – 4.96” x 2.54” x .55”
- Carrier – Verizon
The Samsung Stratosphere just hit the markets on October 13th and already is a hit in the hands of smartphone savvy class.
Samsung Stratosphere Design and Looks
The slim and sleek design of the Samsung Stratosphere is one of the greatest illusions that the device boasts; built within the chassis is the full QWERTY keyboard that is side sliding and is one of the best offerings for smartphones in the arena. The minimalistic design with the least number of ports and buttons on the sides makes the device a joy to play with
The 4” AMOLED Plus display gives an impressive 480*800 resolution, perfect for enjoying videos as well as enjoying a host of visual features. Moreover the display is decent in bright outdoors and the sharp image quality and contrast makes videos and playing games a treat.
The next design feature is its impressive camera quality; 5MP with auto-focus and host of other related additions. Moreover there have also been improvements in the secondary camera from VGA to 1.3 MP to provide far better video calling quality than ever before.
Samsung Stratosphere runs on Android 2.3 with Samsung Touch Whiz interface, the device exhibits one of a kind array of visual features and host of other options to impress the users with rich colors and HD-like display.
Video Review of Samsung Stratosphere
Samsung Stratosphere Price
Samsung Stratosphere is available at $149.99 (after rebate) on a two-year Verizon Mobile contract.
Being Verizon Mobile’s first launch of a 4G LTE running device in its network, the response is seen to be quite positive and is expected to take over a greater share of the market due to its productive design being a business phone and superior messaging capabilities.
Checkout official website of Samsung Stratosphere.