Kanex, pronounced as ‘connects’ is a company that has been built upon a strong foundation of innovation and adaptability. Many of its products are a result of creative engineering. Here is another one named as AirBlue.
Kanex AirBlue is a portable Bluetooth-based music receiver that simply enables you to wirelessly play, listen and control your favorite media from your MP3 player or idevices (iPod Touch, iPhone) through your home stereo or speakers.
How to connect AirBlue?
- Put the AirBlue into discoverable mode by holding down the button on the device for 6 seconds.
- Wait until the LED flashes at slow, 1 flash per second, interval.
- Go to your device; search for ‘Kanex’ in Blue-tooth devices, when found select it.
- Pair Airblue either to a Smartphone (A2DP-enabled) or portable media player and check for the blue LED on the AirBlue, it should remain illuminated.
Once connected successfully, the tool is able to receive streamed audio wirelessly and output the same through a single 3.5mm analog audio connection. To enjoy the uninterrupted music you need to charge the music receiver, which takes some time, say 4 – 5 hours but once fully charged, it can work up to 10 hours.
In the Kanex AirBlue tool box you get,
- Kanex AirBlue Blue-tooth Music Receiver
- USB to Mini-USB cable for charging
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable
- 3.5mm to RL audio cable
The greatest advantage of AirBlue is its light weight and ability to stream music wirelessly. Thus, you can easily carry it with you, no matter where you are and ensure that your music is just a simple click away for all to enjoy. Also, it is important to mention here that there is no on-device volume control. Whatever goes into the AirBlue comes out at more or less the same level. This counts as its only shortfall. Currently, it is priced at $49 and you can get it from here.