In Apple Devices, one option that is frequently accessed is ‘Settings’. There are a times when we need to change, adjust or toggle basic settings and functions like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode and Location Services etc. But in order to do this, you have to follow a lengthy process every time.
For example, to turn off Wi-Fi you need to:
- Open the Settings App
- Select the Wi-Fi Option Tab
- Tap on the On/Off switch
- Exit the Settings App
This might not seem difficult and lengthy for the first few attempts, but doing this task repeatedly will definitely bore you after some time.
So, to make the task easier we have a new application before us – ‘Anicons’. The application is available through Cydia. Yes, that’s right! You have to jailbreak your device in order to use it. Anicons can be used on an iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch as well.
What is Anicons?
‘Anicons’ is an application that brings Animated Icons right to your Home screen. It will simply put toggle switches on your home screen that can be used just like ordinary switches. Simply tap to turn on your Wi-Fi and tap again to turn it off.
To be precise, Anicons provides you with 12 features namely:
1. Airplane Mode
2. 3G / Edge
4. Battery Status
5. Location Services
8. Update APT
11. Safe Mode
12. Rotation Lock
How to get Anicons?
- Open CYDIA and go to SOURCES
- Now tap on the EDIT button in the Top Right side of the screen
- Now you should see an ADD button in the Top Left side of the screen
- Tap on the ADD button and enter the link: http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/
- Now tap on ADD SOURCE to add this repo
- Once done you should now see a repo named ‘BigBoss’
- Open this repo and scroll down till you find ‘Anicons’
- Then tap on the link for Anicons and you should see a page like this:
- Tap on PURCHASE/INSTALL and then tap on CONTINUE in the next window
- Cydia will start downloading and installing Anicons for you
- Once done tap on REBOOT DEVICE
- When your device restarts, you will see these icons:
Now, you can place these icons as you wish. Group them together into a folder and you will have all your shortcuts in one place!!