Historically, Intel stuck to Serial ATA based SSDs but now they are concentrating more on PCI-Express SSD. Today, they are no new name in the market of enterprise-grade Solid State Drives (SSDs). The maximum SSDs that you might have seen in the market must have been around 250GB however, Intel has made a breakthrough. It has now brought the PCI-E 910-Series SSDs with 400GB and 800GB storage capacities.
The 910 Series is built on a half-length, half-height PCI Express x8 card. Although the card fits into a single slot, it is capable of packing multiple circuit boards. The Intel SSD 910 consists of multiple logical SSDs. This series comes with two different capacities- “400GB” and” 800GB”. Some tit bits of these two capacities are given below:
|Max sequential Read||1GB/s||2GB/s|
|Max sequential Write||0.75GB/s||1GB/s|
|Lifetime edurance||7 petabytes||14 petabytes|
|Max random Read||90k IOps||180k IOps|
|Max random Write||38k IOps||75k IOps|
|Warranty||5 years||5 years|
|Weight||125 gram||190 gram|
- Sequential read and write speed is excellent.
- More power efficient and faster than hard drives.
- By using its firmware, it reduces data errors.
- Data throughput can be improved.
- It is much more expensive.
- Storage capacity is low.
Intel’s PCI-E 910-Series SSD Tech Specs
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1/SP2
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5, 5.6, 6.1
SCSI Command Set Support
Compliant with PCI Express 2
- Power-Loss Data Protection enhanced
- 12 V and 3.3 V Supply Rail
Temperature Monitoring and Logging
- Operating: 0 to 55 degree Celsius with 200 Linear Feet per Minute airflow.
- Non-Operating: For Shipping -55 to ~ 95 degree Celsius, for Storage -10 to ~70 degree Celsius and for Post-life retention 40 degree Celsius for 3 months
- Active: Maximum 25 Watt
- Idle: Near about 8 Watt
SCSI Mode Page Support
- Multi Level Cell (MLC), High Endurance Technology (HET)
- 25nm NAND Flash Memory of Intel
- UBER (unrecoverable bit error rate) is 1 sector /10^16 bits read
Product Ecological Compliance
- 50G (trapezoidal), change of velocity 170 in/s
- Sustained sequential read: Maximum 2 GB/s
- Sustained sequential write: Maximum 1 GB/s
Intel PCI-E 910-Series SSD Price
The price of Intel’s PCI-E 910-Series SSD for 400 GB capacity is $1,929 and for 800 GB it is $3859.
For more details click the official Intel website.