Facebook offers no native way by which a user can find who has UNFRIENDED him on Facebook. Although there are dozens of pages and groups on Facebook which claim to do so, most of them are scams. Isn’t there any simple way by which a user can find who has unfriended him on Facebook? I guess there is one! Days ago I came across Edouard Gatouillat’s popular browser script – Unfriend Finder.
What is Unfriend Finder?
Unfriend Finder is a simple script that when installed notifies you who has UNFRIENDED you on Facebook. The script simply alerts (sends a message) you when someone you’re friends with unfriends you or deactivates their profile. The message comes to you in the same way as a friend request or message so it doesn’t really do anything fancy besides monitoring your friends list and checking who has gone missing.
The browser script is available in more than 60 languages and compatible with the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Note: The Unfriend Finder script program is not endorsed by Facebook.
How to install Unfriend Finder?
Unfriend finder is a non-profit project but the developer accepts generous donations.
- To install Unfriend Finder, head to unfriendfinder.com.
- Click on the ‘Download and Install’ link. For Google Chrome users, installation process is fairly easy as the browser supports user scripts. If you use Firefox, you’ll need to install Greasemonkey first, in order to handle the plug-in.
- When you click on the download link, the extension will ask you to confirm the addition by clicking on the ‘Add’ option.
- Next, a contextual dialog will appear on your computer screen saying: “Unfriend Finder has been added to….”
- If this message is not displayed, make sure you uninstall all previous versions of Unfriend Finder.
- If all goes well, you will see a new menu called “Unfriends” on your Facebook Homepage. You will also notice a small number adjacent to this menu in case, someone unfriends you.
- If you click it, you will access your unfriends list.
- If you would like to introduce any changes to the script simply head to ‘Settings’ where you will be able to change the script a bit.
You may also like to read How to Check who has ‘un-friended’ you on Facebook.