If blogging is the way you earn your bread then it becomes quite mportant for you to get your blog indexed well in Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidy, Yandex, and other search engines. If your blog doesn’t show up in the search engine result lists even after typing its name in search box, then it is not indexed with Google, Bing or other engines.
You may already tried submitting your website URL Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, Baidu, Ask, etc, but yet may find that you blog is not being indexed properly. Well, let us understand more ways on how you can get your website indexed properly.
Wonder how? Let us understand the five easiest ways to do so.
1. Take Your Blog on well-known Blog Communities
Instead of getting attached with any blogging community, get your blogs on these communities:
- Technorati (http://technorati.com/)
- BlogCatalog (http://www.blogcatalog.com/)
- Blogged (http://www.blogged.com/)
- NetworkedBLogs (http://www.networkedblogs.com/)
Listing your blog in the directories of these portals will get your blog automatically indexed in Google and other popular search engines. Thanks to the good ranking and popularity of these websites. It’s very easy to register there but while creating a blog you must take check twice if the following things are in a proper way:
- Precise description of blog.
- Keywords and tags used (This is most important of all!).
- Proper categorization of your blog on portal.
- Branding of posts using screen-shots, logo etc.
2. How worth is your page?
Use above sequence of words in Google as keyword phrase and you shall come across some interesting result set as follows:
- WebsiteOutlook (http://www.websiteoutlook.com/)
- WebTrafficAgents (http://www.webtrafficagents.com/)
- BuiltWith (http://builtwith.com/)
When you mention the URL of your blog in their system, they’ll shows up the cost of your site in dollars with other statistics like daily visitors, revenue from ads and lots more! This page showing the stats of your blog will prompt Google to index it.
3. RSS or Atom Feeds and Sitemaps
Feeds Syndicates: Following is the list of some Feed aggregation hubs:
- FeedBurner (www.feedburner.com)
- OctoFinder (www.octofinder.com )
- Feedage (www.feedage.com )
These sites provide you with simple options to increase traffic towards your blog and to get it indexed the fastest way possible. After you submit your feeds to these websites, they monitor your blog for any new entries and as soon as you post something new, it gets indexed in their sytem. When a visitor clicks on the name of your blog, he will be taken to your page and ultimately will end up indexing your blog in Google.
XML site maps are probably the best well known recommendations to get the best out of Google’s index theories. Google Webmaster Tools also accepts submission of RSS feeds and XML Site maps so that it can learn very well about your blog. Once Google gets any roots of your hierarchical sitemap it can very easily index all your pages.
You can create XML Sitemaps for your blog easily from here.
4. Social Networking Benefits
Number of bloggers who are unaware about social networking sites like Facebook (www.facebook.com ) or Twitter (www.twitter.com) can be counted on fingers of one hand. Creating personalized accounts bearing similar names as that of your blog will help it get indexed by Google.
Suppose your blog is named as “GadgetTalks” then use similar name on twitter account as @gadgettalks or create page for your blog on twitter as www.facebook.com/gadgettalks (sample link). Repetition of the same name on different websites will help your blog get indexed more rapidly and it will also help you create a brand identity for your page.
5. Other Simple Ways
- If you have come across portals like Squidoo (www.squidoo.com), you must be aware of fact that publishing posts related to your page on these sites can redirect traffic to your blog and eventually help in getting it indexed.
- There are some web services like ChangeDetection (www.changedetection.com) that helps to keep a keen eye on changes on a particular website. If you allow this service to paste these changes in their news box, it will be noticed by Google and will result into indexing of your blog.
Apart from these five, there are obviously numerous other ways to get your blog indexed in Google. But these are the well researched and proven techniques which definitely ensure you have a blog which is very well indexed by search engines. Whatever may be the way, it is crucially required to get it indexed as unless you get recognized by Google you are invisible to present online world.