Facebook features a very popular option – Tagging that lets us add tags to anything we post, be it photos, updates or comments. The feature however, really annoys me like hell at times. Why? Firstly, all the tagging updates directly go to my Facebook profile and reside there as a notification in news feeds. Plus, to my surprise, at times, I find myself tagged in totally unrelated terrible pics.
Searching for a solution, I landed over ‘Privacy Settings’ and found the solution to my problem there, by chance! I adjusted my profile visibility (‘Maximum Profile Visibility’ privacy setting) that limited other people’s ability to view my tagged photos, via my profile (Timeline). If you too were looking for the same solution then you have visited the right place. So, let us in this post see how to restrict unwanted photo-tagging by Facebook friends.
Restrict Unwanted Photo tagging by Facebook Friends
- Click the drop-down menu located at the top-right of your Facebook Home page and choose ‘Privacy settings’ from it.
- Then, under the ‘Timeline and Tagging’ section, choose ‘Edit Settings’ option. The feature lets you control what happens when friends tag you or your content or post on your timeline.
- In the window that will show up on your computer screen, Click to edit the ‘Who can see posts you’ve been tagged in on your timeline’ Setting.
- Then, from the drop-down menu choose your audience to whom you would like to male visible the posts you are tagged in.
- Also, if you would like to adjust settings more, you can turn on ‘Profile Timeline Review’ where you can approve or reject photo tags that friends add to your timeline.
Hope that helps!