Verizon Wireless, one of the world’s largest provider of CDMA mobile services has unveiled the Motorola Droid X2. Droid X2 is the second generation smartphone which is being promoted as the phone with twice the power, performance and speed of the original Motorola DROID.
Motorola DROID X2 is powered by Android 2.2 and will be upgradeable to Android 2.3. The Android runs on dual core 1GHz processor and hence provides seamless gaming, video and web browsing experience. It is HD capable, HDMI out and Mirror mode allows user to view the phone content on bigger HD screens. Its large 4.3’’ (960×540) display has 26% more pixels than DROID X.
DROID X2 is enterprise ready with IT security grade policies. It supports Google Mobile services like Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk etc. and users can download and experience the Android apps from the Android Market and Verizon store.
Motorola DROID X2 Tech Specs and Features
- Dual Core 1 Ghz Processor which makes it Verizon’s first dual core processor smartphone.
- 4.3’’ HD supported Display with 960×540 display resolution that boasts 26% more pixels than Droid X.
- HDMI Out/Mirror mode which allows user to view phone content on the big screens and that too in HD.
- 8MP Rear camera equipped with auto focus and dual LED flash.
- 720p HD Video Capture capability.
- Mobile Hotspot. Enables the user to share with upto five WiFi enabled devices at 3G speeds.
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology which allows more screen space and sleeker look, but easier messaging and typing experience.
- Access to tons of Android apps through Android Market and the Verizon store.
- 3G Mobile Hotspot with support for up to 5 Devices
- Visual Voice Mail capable
- Backup Assistant capable
- VZ Navigator capable
- VCAST Music capable
- VCAST Video capable
- V CAST Apps capable
- My Verizon capable
- 8GB microSD memory card Pre–installed
- Standard Lithium Ion Battery
- Wall/USB Charger (USB Cable)