Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 detailed specifications have been leaked by SamMobile. It will be joining the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 which was officially revealed by Samsung some weeks ago. According to the report, the tablet will be powered by a 1.5 GHz dual core processor, 1.5 GB of RAM and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. It will pack a 8-inch 1280 x 800 pixel resolution display and sport a similar looking design to Galaxy Tab 3 7.0.
As compared to Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Tab 3 8.0 will have a thinner bezel and more level sensors. The tablet will be available in two storage versions of 8 GB and 16 GB. There will be two variants according to connectivity – one with Wi-Fi only (model number SM-T311) and one with 3G + Wi-Fi (model number SM-T310). According to SamMobile, the tablet will be available by the end of next month.
Here are the detailed specifications of the tablet:
- 8.0 inch 1280 x 800 TFT touchscreen display
- Unknown 1.5 GHz dual core processor
- 1.5 GB of RAM
- 16 GB internal storage with Micro SD card expansion up to 64 GB
- Network bands: EDGE (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA+42Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps (850/900/1900/2100)
- Jacks: Micro USB port, 3.5 mm earphone audio jack
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and A-GPS
- 5 MP rear camera and 1.3 MP front facing camera
- 4450 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 209.3 x 122.2 x 6.95 mm
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
There have been leaks about the tablet before but none of them were close enough. Apparently, we reported two of them here and here and current leaked specifications are found to be a blend of both leaks reported before. There have been no more information regarding the weight, pricing and geographical availability from SamMobile.
You can read the complete report by SamMobile here. From these specifications, it seems that the tablet will be a medium sized mid price segment tablet. Both battery and processor are of the medium specifications and screen is TFT even when Samsung has Super Amoled up his arsenal. We will keep you updated as and when more information comes about the tablet. Let us know what you think of the same in the comments below. Keep following us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to keep you updated.