HTC officially announced the successor to its Butterfly Smartphone at a press event in Taiwan. HTC Butterfly S is the upgraded version of HTC Butterfly which brings a lot of overall improvements. Butterfly S features an 5 inch Full HD display with 2 GB of RAM and 1.9 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad core processor.
Here is a list of complete specifications:
- 5 inch 1080p Super LCD 3 display with superb 440 PPI pixel density
- 1.9 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16 GB internal storage, Micro SD card expansion, 25 GB free Dropbox Cloud Storage
- 4 MP Ultrapixel camera with BSI sensor, HTC Imagechip, F2.0 and HDR
- 2.1 MP front facing camera
- Wi-Fi a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared, DLNA, NFC, GPS, GLONASS
- Respectable 3200 mAh battery
- Micro SIM card slot, 3.5 mm audio jack, Beats Audio, Sense Voice, HTC BoomSound
- Dimensions: 144.5×70.5×10.6mm and weight: 160 grams
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 5.0 and HTC Zoe
Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation said in a press release:
We’ve upgraded the popular HTC Butterfly to reflect the new standards set by the HTC One for Smartphone performance. The HTC Butterfly changed the way people looked at a Smartphone thanks to the world’s first full HD 1080p, 5-inch screen and that complete viewing experience has been taken to the next level with HTC BlinkFeed. HTC BoomSound and HTC Zoe integration also make the experience of the HTC Butterfly S unlike that of any other 5-inch device.
The biggest upgrade seems to be of the battery which has been upgraded from 2020 mAh in its predecessor to 3200 mAh for Butterfly S. The Smartphone comes with all the HTC enhancements such as BlinkFeed which delivers the newest content from social networks, news and articles, HTC BoomSound with Beats Audio featuring dual front-facing stereo speakers with dedicated amplifiers to deliver quality sound, HTC Ultrapixel camera with HTC Zoe and Video Highlights to deliver a revolutionary camera experience and much more.
The Smartphone will go on sale in Taiwan for NT$22,900 (US$766) in July. It will also be available in selected Asia Pacific markets in July and in Europe later this summer. The information about international availability and pricing is not available as of now. It is one of the few Smartphones that combines style, design, looks, performance and battery stamina in a single device and there is no doubt that HTC will ask a premium for such a device.
Stay tuned for more information and follow us on Google+, Twitter and Facebook for more related news on gadgets, tablets and phones.