Lenovo has announced a new 5 inch Full HD Smartphone with solid specifications called Vibe X and a S5000 tablet with 7 inch HD display. Lenovo Vibe X will be available in China in October, and it will reach other Lenovo select markets for Smartphones in December beginning. The S5000 tablet will be available in Q4 2013. The pricing information has not been revealed and is expected to be unveiled at local launch events.
Lenovo Vibe X Smartphone specifications:
- 5 inch Full HD display having 441 PPI pixel density
- 1.6 GHz Quad-core MediaTek 6589T processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16 GB non-expandable internal storage
- 13 MP rear camera with autofocus and LED flash, 5 MP front camera with 84 degree lens
- 2000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
Wayne Chen, VP and GM of the mobile business unit at Lenovo said:
Lenovo continues to bring the head-turning innovations to the PC Plus marketplace with the Lenovo Vibe X Smartphone’s uncompromising hardware design, its rich display and memory-making camera technologies. Along with the S5000 tablet, these carefully crafted devices unleash a powerful blend of beautiful and smart technology to improve people’s lives.
Lenovo S5000 tablet specifications:
- 7-inch display with 1280×800 pixels resolution and 350 nits brightness
- 1.2 GHz Quad-core MediaTek 8389 processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage
- 5 MP rear camera
- 1.6 MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G (select markets), USB on-the-go (OTG)
- 7.9 mm thick on the sides and weighs 246 grams
- 3450mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Lenovo Vibe X Smartphone appears to be a high-end Smartphone while the Lenovo S5000 tablet is expected to be a budget friendly tablet. According to Lenovo, both Vibe X Smartphone and S5000 tablet come preloaded with custom applications that allow users to conveniently share photos, videos, and documents, protect their device from malicious software, as well as backup and restore important data.