With a huge support for many cool applications, iPhone’s maximum storage capacity of 32GB isn’t enough to satisfy with many of the apps that unveils the true potential of you device.
Hundreds of music tracks, an HD movie, few thousands of photos will finish up your storage capacity in no time. But Kingston one of the leaders in storage areas has come up with the solution exclusively to iOS customers, A Wi-Drive, portable in nature the NAND flash-based drive is small enough to fit into your pocket. It provides user to sum up with 16GB or 32GB storage capacity together with iPhone’s internal memory. Best of all access your data wirelessly hence the name of the product.
This Wi-Drive also works by allowing a PC or a Mac to upload files to the drive using the included mini-USB to USB cable. To stay connected with media contents in your Wi-drive, you need to download an application from Apple’s App Store. Once the app is set, you need to connect the drive through Wi-Fi settings before starting the application. And next, the app assists you in synchronizing information.
Wi-Drive has as an advantage, that it can stream multiple files to multiple connected iOS devices at the same time, giving your drive a feature of the server, The server that fits in your pocket. The Wi-Drive can even be configured to connect to a wireless access point. The on-board battery is capable to withstand four hours of continuous use and can be recharged through the drive’s mini-USB port.
The Wi-Drive will be available in the market by 25th of July in two versions. The 16GB version will retail for $129.99 while the 32GB version will set you back $174.99.
Talking about the goods of the Wi-Drive:
- A good option to extend storage capacity for iOS device.
- Handy and Portable.
- Contents can be shared easily.
- Packed with SSD technology (flash drive) and hence you experience Good response time.
- Multiple iOS can be configured with one Wi-Drive.
- Good battery life.
And the bads are:
- Runs in battery and hence there is a possibility to drain out of power.
- Multiple iOS devices that can be configured with Kingston Wi-Drive is limited to 3 to 4 devices.
- Need separate app to be installed to experience the benefit of it.
- Too expensive.