People often face the dilemma of whether to buy notebook or tablet. It’s true that in our fast moving life we hardly get time to sit in front of desktops. So demand of mobile computing devices is increasing day by day but it’s always a wise idea to know the full story before purchasing any such gadgets.
What is Notebook?
Notebooks are actually personal computers manufactured for mobile use. All notebooks come with wireless network connectivity that helps users to access internet from anywhere.
What is Tablet?
Tablet is a special and advanced version in which touch screen is used as the main input. However, tablet’s features can be termed as radical departure from classic hardware configuration of notebooks.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Tablets
Advantages of Tablets
- Tablet PCs are considered more useful than notebooks in terms of mobility because of absence of keyboard attachment.
- It consumes less power and generally lighter than most notebooks.
Disadvantages of Tablets
- However, tablets are often expensive and more susceptible to dust collection and smudges.
- Writing for long hours can be really painful in tablets because of absence of proper hand-resting space.
- Writing speed also reduces in tablets as users have to directly use the screen for writing.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Notebooks
Advantages of Notebooks
- Writing speed and long-lasting comfort writing are the two most vital advantages of notebooks over tablets.
- It’s understandable that notebooks are meant for all kinds of users of mobile computing devices but only tech savvy users can handle a tablet in the best possible way.
Disadvantages of Notebooks
- Actually, tablets are more sophisticated than notebooks. The direct and constant use of touch screen can be really tough to even sophisticated tablet users.
- Moreover, we all need to understand that notebooks were invented mainly to release people from the pathetic practice of sitting in front of PCs for hours.
- Today we all need mobile devices to get our work done from anywhere. So notebooks were a real relief from desktop PCs.
Frankly speaking, users need to have good idea about how much technology they can handle before deciding whether to go for notebooks or tablets. Go through the above mentioned comparative analysis of notebook and tablet and then make the final call. That’s the best thing that you can do as a consumer.