Recently, Google launched a clever new campaign labeled as ‘Email Intervention’ to help those people who are not using Gmail. If they are using other Email services like Yahoo, Rediffmail, Hotmail, AOL then Gmail Intervention will get them to switch to Gmail.
The new campaign of Google centers around the classic friend intervention, since clearly only peer pressure will get those “behind-the-times email users” to switch. This is the important reason for Google to launch the Email Intervention. Email Intervention is a simple website where Gmail users can send intervention letters to convince their friends to switch to Gmail.
“You’ve probably already improved the lives of your friends and family members by helping them switch to Gmail, but what about that one friend who still hasn’t made the switch? It’s time to take a stand and stage an intervention.”
How to use Email Intervention?
- Log on to EmailIntervention.com
- Click on ‘Start The Intervention’.
- Enter your contact info. Check screenshot for help.
- Enter your friend’s contact info. So you can send him/her Gmail invitation.
- Or Sign-in by using your existing Gmail Account.
- Hit ‘Next’ when you are done.
To use the Email Intervention, you have to affiliate your Google and YouTube account. So you must click on ‘Grant Access’.
So now, you are on ‘Select Your Friends’ step. In my case, there are 37% peoples of my contacts are not using Gmail. The percentage may vary in your case.
- Just select contacts by marking on Email to invite particular person on Gmail. You can select all contacts also. You can send maximum 40 Email contacts each time.
- If you want to invite a person which is not in your contact, then also you can invite him by entering their Email address. Check the screenshot more help.
- When everything is done, hit ‘Next’.
Now you are about to create Intervention Email.
- Select the message. There are three types of messages. Straightforward, Concerned & Outraged. You can select anyone as per your wish.
- Then you have to customize your Email. You can keep default message or you can customize your own message also.
- Intervention video is not mandatory.
- When you are ready with your Email, hit ‘Preview Email’.
This is preview of Email. We can send this Email or we can edit it also.
- When you are done with your Email, hit ‘Send’. You have sent the Email!
Your sent the Email successfully! Now you can start another Intervention by just hitting, ‘Start Another Intervention’.
And if you are successful in creating an intervention, Google extols you to leave a voice-mail at the site!
Do you have any friends with non-Google email addresses? Will you use Gmail’s intervention tool to get them to switch? Let us know in the comments.