Kogan Technologies of consumer electronic devices announces the launch of their Tablets on their online portal Kogan.com. Kogan had already debuted by launching 7 inches Kogan Agora and now two more Tablets of 8 inches model and 10 inches display screen size will be added to the list. Now let us have details about these two gadgets.
Kogan Agora 10 inch Tablet:
Kogan Agora 10 provides a big and responsive touch screen with illuminated soft keys. The number specification is the determination of the screen size. It provides a capacitive touchscreen display with maximum resolution of 1024*768 pixels.The tablet is suitable for accessing Internet, Facebook, YouTube and email anytime and everywhere you go. They run the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system.
Kogan Agora 10 inch Tablet features:
- In this tablet the Wi-Fi connectivity is limited upto 802.11b/g.
- Video player facility is available and it allows 720p HD playback.
- Connectivity option include HDMI video output, one miniUSB port and microSD card slot using which the memory can be expandable upto 32 GB.
- Kogan Agora 10 has got the front facing camera of 2 megapixel and there is no back camera. This provides video chatting and video calling facility.
- It has got a long battery life.
- It has got a powerful 1GHz Processor.
- Desktop widgets include weather, calendar, clock, YouTube etc.
- Media player allows you to watch movies, listen to music, and browse photos.
Kogan Agora 8 has got the following features:
- It has 512 Mb of RAM which helps in powerful browsing.
- It has 8 inches capacitive touch screen display with the maximum resolution of 800*600 pixel.
- It has got the internal memory of 4 GB and using microSD card slot the memory can be expandable upto 32 GB.
- It supports 2 mega pixel front camera for video chatting and video calling.
- It is power packed with Android operating system 2.3 Gingerbread version.
- It includes the option of Wi-Fi connectivity.
- It includes one HDMI video out port and one miniUSB port.
You can watch movies on and play games (even check email) without costing a fortune. These two Tablets are built with light weight design and come with various input and output option. The Tablets are equipped with illuminated soft keys. These got features like built in Web cam, Microphone and Wi-Fi.
No SIM card slot capability. The device wont charge through their miniUSB ports, but requires an AC adapter. These tablets don’t support GPS and there is no entry for Bluetooth. It runs Android 2.3 which is designed for smart phones, not for tablets. If they run Android 3.0, it could be better.
The Agora 8 inch and 10 inch tablets are available for order from Kogan website, now starting at a low price of AUD 149 (approx. US$152) and AUD189 (approx. US$193) respectively. The price is moving up slowly till 4th November 2011, when the price becomes $229 and $269 respectively. The Kogan Agora 10” tablet is the best one to use Android OS on a bright, bigger and responsive screen with illuminated soft keys, which gives you access to a range of inputs, outputs, connection options and access to Android Market as well. Those who want the Tablet PC size less than 10” and more than 7”, the Kogan 8” is best.
Both these Android Tablets are available at their own online web store from November 4, 2011. Pre- orders have already started. The tablets are manufactured and available from Australia with free shipping.
Check Out our eBook Ultimate Guide to buying a Tablet PC