The Apple iPod Shuffle is a perfect example of minimalistic approach towards technology. However, some argue that removing all buttons from it face has created some control problems but believe me, its classy and futuristic design is capable of impressing all gadget lovers.
iPod Shuffle Specifications
- 1.14 inches (29.0 mm) in Height, 1.24 inch (31.6 mm) in width, 0.34 inch (8.7 mm) in depth, 0.44 ounce (12.5 grams) in weight
- 3-way switch (Shuffle, Play in Order, Off )
- Voiceover button
- Control pad
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack for audio and for USB charging
- 2GB flash drive
- Stores data via USB flash drive
- Up to 15 hours of audio playback
- 80% charged in 2 hours; fully charged in about 3 hours
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Earphones with frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Skip-free playback
- voiceover kit
At least 50% thickness of the new Apple iPod Shuffle has been reduced due to removal of all buttons form its front to the headphone cable. However, there are complaints that the control panel placed on the headphone cable is hard to use, if someone is not standing still. It also makes your option of selecting other headphones over the pair that Apple has delivered you.
It has a solid metallic body with sharp edges. But the USP of this present generation Apple iPod Shuffle is the VoiceOver kit that enables this little gadget to announce name of each track and its artist for you. It also has a headphone and USB connector.
Syncing and Playback
Having fun with the new generation advanced syncing and playback of iPod Shuffle has become easier. Now, it has an improved iTunes sync screen. You don’t have to drag tunes manually anymore because it has the VoiceOver kit now.
The battery life of the new iPod Shuffle, however, reduced to 10 hours though its previous generation used a have a 12 hour’s battery life.
Honestly speaking the attachment clip can come out easily, even if you rub it with your jeans. The same implies for the upper and the lower surface of the shuffle. So this can end you in some kind of trouble.
In terms of usability, there are some issues with placement of the control panel in headphones. These small problems have to be solved soon otherwise; users can get irritated with it.