Known for their ‘Push’ E-Mail Service and Instant Messaging features BlackBerry phones function as personal digital assistant and portable media player too. Recently, the BlackBerry server was down again.
Users reported renewed issues with their handsets and inability to send messages and email. RIM (Research In Motion), a Canadian company which designs and develops elegant BlackBerry Smartphone devices acknowledged the messaging and browsing delays and apologized for the inconvenience.
Users are gradually getting their service back and in an attempt to restore faith in its customers, BlackBerry has made a bunch of Premium Apps Free for all users till December 31 this year. BlackBerry users are free to download as many of these apps as they want, provided they do not cross $100 mark.
These free apps will be made available on some networks under the head ‘Thank you gift’.
The Free Apps
- Drive Safe.ly Enterprise – The app to stop distracted driving
- Nobex Radio – Monitors your favorite air stations and displays what is aired
- Shazam Encore – The music identification program that enables you to find music by artist, album or track from the database with over 8 million songs
- Vlingo Plus – Virtual assistant- A voice recognition technology
- Sim 3 – A gaming application
- N.O.V.A – A news application
- Texas Hold em Poker – Gaming application with fast and brilliant game play
- Bubble Bash2 – An award winning puzzle series by Gameloft
- Photo Editor Ultimate – Photo editing application
- iSpeech Translator pro – Translating application that translates any words or phrases including email and texts
How to Download Premium Apps now available for free?
- Visit the ‘App World’ that is present as an icon under the menu of your BlackBerry phone.
- If you have not used the App World, create an ID in 3 easy steps.
- Once done, search the given away apps and download it to your phone.
- If apps show as paid in your App World, wait for the service providers to update their list.
(Note: Some of these apps may not work on older BlackBerry devices.)