If you are looking for a good and secure Online File Sync and Backup service than Dropbox will be your ultimate solution. The name may be new for you but it is not lesser than any other big Cloud service providing companies like Microsoft, Google or Amazon.
Dropbox lets you connect and sync all your files at one single place. All you have to do is just install the Dropbox app and you are ready to go, it doesn’t matters whether you are on a Windows PC, Mac, Linux or even on a Smartphone. You can sync and take Backup of all the stuff you like from anywhere and can access it from anywhere!
You can try Dropbox service for free using its Basic plan which provides you 2GB of space on Cloud and you can start Syncing your files by doing some easy settings. You can later on upgrade to Pro plans if you need more space.
There are two PRO plans to choose from, according to your space requirements. The PRO 50 plan gives you 50 GB of cloud space for $9.99/Month or $99.00/Year and PRO 100 plan gives you 100 GB for $19.99/month or $199.00/year.
The installation process is quite easy, Just download the right version required and in few clicks application will be installed and ready to use. After completion of installation process, provide your Dropbox account details asked by the application to link it with your cloud folders. Then you have to select your plan and have to do some basic settings, it will guide you at every step and also give a short tutorial on how to use the service.
Now your files and folders are ready to Sync and Share just by drag and drop.
There are several ways to access your Dropbox account. Following three options are available to let you control and access your files.
- The Dropbox Desktop Application is software that watches a folder on your desktop computer and syncs any changes to the web and your other computers.
- The Dropbox Website allows you to access your ﬁles on any computer from a web browser. You can also use the Dropbox website to share your ﬁles or folders with others.
- The Dropbox mobile website and Dropbox for mobile devices allow you to connect to your Dropbox from your pocket, so you can take your ﬁles with you wherever you go.
Let’s have a more deep look on the special features of Dropbox
File Sync – Dropbox allows you to sync your files online and across your computers automatically.
- Work on files in your Dropbox even if you’re offline. Your changes sync once your computer has an Internet connection again.
- Dropbox transfers correctly resume where they left off if your connection drops.
- Efficient sync: only the pieces of a file that changed (not the whole file) are synced. This saves you time.
- Doesn’t hog your internet connection. You can manually set bandwidth limits.
File Sharing – Sharing files is simple and done in only a few clicks.
- See other people’s changes instantly.
- A Public folder that lets you link directly to files in your Dropbox.
- Control who is able to access shared folders. Kick people out and remove the shared folders from their computers.
- Automatically create shareable online photo galleries out of regular folders.
Online Backup – Dropbox backs up your files online without you having to think about it.
- Automatic backup of your files.
- Undelete files and folders.
- Restore previous versions of your files.
- 30 days of undo history. Upgrades available for unlimited undo.
Web Access – A copy of your files is stored on Dropbox’s secure servers. This lets you access them from any computer or mobile device.
- Manipulate files as you would on your desktop. Add, edit, delete, rename, etc.
- A Recent Events feed that shows you a summary of activity in your Dropbox.
Security & Privacy – Dropbox takes the security and privacy of your files very seriously.
- Shared folders are viewable only by people you invite.
- All transmission of file data and metadata occurs over an encrypted channel (SSL).
- All files stored on Dropbox servers are encrypted (AES-256).
- Dropbox website and client software have been hardened against attacks from hackers.
- Dropbox employees are not able to view any user’s files.
- Online access to your files requires your username and password.
- Public files are only viewable by people who have a link to the file(s). Public folders are not browse able or searchable.
- View files from within the application.
- Download files for offline viewing.
- Take photos and videos and sync them to your Dropbox.
- Share links to files in your Dropbox.
- Export your files to other applications.
- Sync downloaded files so they’re up-to-date.
The Interface of Dropbox is so minimalistic and user friendly that an novice can use it easily. The apps and websites looks so clean and have all required controls on right place. Check the Screenshots of the Apps and Website.
Take a look at Website
Take a look at iPhone app
Take a look at Windows app
Take a look at Mac app
Take a look at Linux app
So, what are you waiting for? Go get an account at Dropbox and start living in cloud! Use the link given below to register and get 250MB free space with you account.
Register yourself at Dropbox.