Google has finally taken wraps off the official specifications of its wearable technology innovation specs with augmented reality called Google Glass. It is nearly completed and will be available to 2000 developers who had pre-ordered it last year. It will be delivered in two batches. Here is a rundown of the specifications.
- High Resolution 640 x 360 display is “equivalent of a 25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away.”
- 5 Mega Pixel camera capable of shooting videos in 720p
- 16 GB onboard storage with 12 GB accessible to user, sync with Google’s Cloud storage
- Battery lasts a full day “of typical use” with Hangouts and video recording consuming more battery
- Bone conductor transducer for audio which does away with regular headphones as it transmits the audio from the device to the inner ear via the bones of the wearer’s skull
- Fits any face with durable frame and any nose shape with three different nose pad sizes
- Wifi 802.11 b/g
- Bluetooth for connectivity with Bluetooth enabled phones (For GPS and SMS, needs MyGlass companion app which works with phones having Android 4.0.3 ICS or higher)
- Included MicroUSB cable and charger. Google advises to stick to the bundled charger to prolong life and usage since Glass is tested with bundled charger only.
- Software called Glassware using Google Mirror API’s set of restful services. This will transfer information to and fro between Glass devices.
Before listing the specifications, Google listed the documentation for developers which can be read here. The official mail was first shared by AnandTech’s Brian Klug via his Twitter account.
The developers will definitely be bringing out the best and the worst in Google Glass and we anticipate there will be a lot of new features and hacks available (courtesy of the developer community) by the time Google Glass is ready for consumers to purchase. We will be keeping an eye on the same and will be bringing to you the new information and exciting features and hacks via the developers who get to test the same. So keep visiting our website and in the meantime, let us know about your thoughts in the comments below.