Google has rolled out a new update for its Google+ iOS application. The update brings out a number of new features and a few major changes including the departure of Messenger service and bringing its replacement with Google Hangouts. The service has also been integrated with Google’s cloud storage service Google Drive.
The update allows the users to view, edit and share photos stored in Google Drive. It also brings Google Apps for Business features such as domain-restricted posts. Google Hangouts brings both messaging and video calls under a single app and profiles now include Reviews and Videos tabs. For those who are wondering how to access their past Messenger conversations can do so by downloading them from Google Takeout.
Here is a complete Change Log for version 4.5.0 of Google+ app for iOS devices:
Stay connected and share life as it happens with Google+ for iPhone and iPad. Join a Hangout, post a photo or see what friends are sharing while you’re on the go.
- iPad-optimised layout brings your stream to life
- Share photos directly to Events for all your friends to enjoy
- Turn on Auto-backup to save photos and videos privately on Google+
- Check out the What’s Hot stream to see trending topics
- View the Nearby stream to see what people near your location are saying
- See vibrant, high-resolution images on Retina display devices
Google+ for iOS can be downloaded from the iTunes App store. You will need an iOS device running iOS 6 or higher to download the update. Let us know about your reviews and whether it has been a worthy update or not.