As with any other member of HP’s b-series notebooks, ProBook 6460b grabs the attention with its sleek and striking design. It is incorporated with features that complement its stunning looks. As its description goes, it is a professional assistant that can handle mobile meetings and also prepare reports. HP ProBook 6460b is surely remarkable with its durability and efficiency. It stands out with following features.
Technical Specifications of HP ProBook 6460b
- Processor: 2.1 GHz Intel® Core i3-2310M
- Operating System: Windows® 7 Professional Edition (64-bit)
- Display: 14” HD LED backlit anti-glare display
- Graphics: Intel® HD 3000 graphics
- Memory: 16GB DDR3 SDRAM clocked at 1333 MHz
- Storage: 320 GB SED SATA II
- Multimedia: SRS premium sound, Integrated Stereo Speakers, Integrated Dual Microphone Array, HD webcam
- Communication: Intel® Centrino 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- I/O Ports: 4 USB 2.0 ports with one USB/eSATA combo, RJ-45, RJ-11, Microphone/headphone jack, docking connector, secondary batter connector, AC power
- Input Devices: Full size keyboard (spill-resistant), Touchpad
- Optical Devices: Blu-Ray R/RE DVD+/-RW
- Security: HP ProtectTools Suite
- Power: 90W HP AC adapter, 6-cell lion battery
- Dimensions: 13.3 x 9.1 x 1.3
- Weight: 5.2 pounds
Eye Catching Features of ProBook 6460b
Sophisticated and Sturdy Design
Lid on ProBook 6460b is made up of bead-blast aluminum which is resistant to scratches and smudges. It gives glossy and stylish touch to the model. To achieve durability, ABS plastic of magnesium is used for framework. In order to handle damages caused by spills, there is drain case at bottom. Moreover, keyboard can also resist spills for that matter.
Talking about dimensions, ProBook 6460b is 14-inch device that weighs 5.2 pounds. It is surely not the lightest laptop with 14-inch size but it is pretty good if we overlook its weight.
This is the thing to feel. As we know, most of the laptops heat up while operating but ProBook 6460b is a cool device! It does reach certain temperature but it is cooler than any other laptop.
Comfortable Touchpad and Keyboard
Touchpad of ProBook 6460b is wide and perfect for navigation. Matte texture of touchpad prevents friction and makes navigation simple and effortless. Synaptics pad of ProBook 6460b facilitates multitouch service but it is unreliable; zooming also becomes problematic. Furthermore, provided mouse buttons are not quite good with their narrow pattern.
Island-style keyboard is notable feature of ProBook 6460b but still there is scope for improvement. Though flat keys seem impressive, essential tactile response is not offered. As few keys are not properly sized, ease of use is not achieved.
Array of Ports and Descent Webcam
General ports are provided on ProBook 6460b but there are few ports which are rare. This port list includes Display port, a modem, FireWire port and ExpressCard/54 slot. Docking connector is located at the bottom along with battery connector.
Device is provided with a webcam. It can capture stills of 640x480pixels and record video with resolution of 720pixels. Auto-adjustment for fluorescent and backlight is facilitated but it is sluggish. In terms of clarity, videos are pretty good but not in sync with audio.
HP ProBook 6460b is an attractive and classy model with essential features. Also its robustness is commendable. As we talk about pricing details, device is cost-effective and currently shipping for only $799.00. Comparing other options in market, HP ProBook 6460b is appealing for customers with low budget.