HTC has announced that it will be launching the recently unveiled mid range Smartphone HTC Desire 500 in Europe from this month. It will be launched in select market across Europe including the UK later this month. HTC revealed the Smartphone last month for NT$ 11,900 in its home country Taiwan. There is no confirmation of Europe pricing but reports are estimating the price to be 280 Euros ($372).
Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation said:
The Desire range has become renowned for bringing a premium mobile experience to the mass market. This particular model, the Desire 500, is no different. It is perfect for people who are always-on-the-go, it enables powerful multitasking and live-streaming of important and interesting information, and it boasts an excellent camera, and that bring your important moments to life.
Here is a list of specifications:
- 4.3 inch display with WVGA (480×800) resolution
- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quad core processor
- 4 GB internal storage with Micro SD card slot
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 MP rear auto-focus camera with LED flash and BSI sensor, F2.0 aperture, 28mm lens, built-in HTC ImageChip
- 1.6 MP front facing camera with BSI sensor
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS, AGPS, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 131.8 x 66.9 x 9.9 mm and weight 123 grams
- 1800 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 with HTC Sense 5
HTC also noted in a press release:
The HTC Desire 500 brings HTC’s acclaimed BlinkFeed to the Desire range. Transforming the home screen into a customisable stream of live information, HTC BlinkFeed is displayed on a stunning 4.3inch display and aggregates social streams and news, providing the freshest content at a glance.
According to the press release, the Smartphone will be available in both dual SIM and single SIM variants in the regions. Some versions will also pack NFC. The Smartphone will be available in a variety of colors and will come with features such as Beats Audio, Blinkfeed and Video Highlights. Being targeted at the youngsters, the Smartphone brings a good mixture of mid range specifications with some key changes when compared to its flagship HTC One.
Stay tuned to our blog and follow us on Google+, Twitter and Facebook for more related news on phones, tablets and gadgets.