Announced back in January, LG brought first phone featuring 3D like display panel without any need of glasses. That makes the LG Optimus 3D center of attraction. After HDTV’s, smart phones getting 3D panel became impressive and that’s what made people to wait eagerly for the launch of Optimus 3D by LG.
Making new innovations into smart phones starting with Optimus 2X (first dual core phone), LG is trying to bring smart phones close to PC’s. LG Optimus 3D gets Dual core processor, which is common these days but along with this it support dual memory architecture. Dual memory architecture surely increases performance for some RAM hungry applications.
LG Optimus 3D Tech Specs
- It has 3D LCD display panel on 4.3inch screen supporting resolution of 480×800.
- It offers 3D view without any glasses, i.e stereoscopic display which is later enhanced with LG’s 3D user interface.
- LG Optimus 3D runs on 1GHz dual core CPU, with 512MB of RAM (256×2).
- It’s rear camera is 5mp which shoots photos at 2560х1920 resolution coupled with LED flash. The same camera even offers stereoscopic photos as well as video.
- Video recording supports 1080p at 24fps for 2D and 720p at 30fps 3D.
- It comes with 8GB of internal memory as well as expandable microSD card supporting upto 32GB.
- This daemon is obviously powered by Android. Yet, 2.2 (Froyo) but is upgradable to 2.3 (Gingerbread).
Along with this, it comes with modified user interface by LG specially for 3D stereoscopic display. It comes with pre loaded applications like YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Maps, and even the Flash 10.1 (10.2 is out but since Froyo, we’ll have to manage).
LG Optimus 3D has been launched and will go for sale first in Europe and then later in 60 other countries. Hopefully India too. Till then check out the teaser trailer: