Lync for Mac 2011 has been released will now available for download for Office for Mac users, starting October 2011.
Using Lync, Mac users will be able to experience the integrated communications experience that Lync has become well known for. From the updated contact cards to the ability to set up Lync conferences from Outlook 2011 for Mac to enterprise voice features, Lync for Mac 2011 offers Mac users integrated functionality for presence, instant messaging, conferencing and voice and is designed to work with both Lync Server 2010 and Lync Online.
Stay in sync while staying in touch
- Spend less time wading through e-mail and more time with value-add activities
- Easily connect with integrated e-mail & calendar tools
- Manage workload from virtually anywhere
- Database files are stored individually through a more resilient and open architecture
- Outlook is built on Web Services to allow for better performance
- Easily import Outlook .pst files when setting up a new Mac.
Get more information at Microsoft.