The Motorola ATRIX smartphone, unveiled at CES 2011 by Motorola and AT&T which caught the special attention and coverage among the flood of devices that were announced within the CES last month. It was selected as the best phone at the conference.
Motorola designed ATRIX to provide a device that meets all the needs of the user by the powerful capabilities Motorola packed in it. Motorola also introduced an exclusive range of the Docks and additional accessories that allow the phone to perform a large number of jobs that are not possible on current Smartphones.
So, here is an exhaustive review of the device based on the features announced by Motorola.
Motorola have fitted a seamless power of dual-core processor NVIDIA Tegra 2 in it and a 4 inches qHD Multitouch capacitive HD Screen in Atrix. It provides nice colors and allow you to view high-definition content, as it is covered with a layer of glass which is anti-fracture and scratches, known as Gorilla Glass .
In terms of the dimensions of the phone, it is 63.5 mm in width, 117.5 mm in height, thickness of 10.95 mm and weights around 135 grams. The other physical features include a port for microUSB and HDMI support, volume control buttons on the right side, standard 3.5 mm jack for headphones and power button at the top , in fact the power button is the same fingerprint sensor button which allows you to close your phone via your fingerprint, so it is impossible for others to access information inside the phone easily.
Comparing to the screens used in most Android devices , Atrix’s screen is much better as it is enhanced by qHD technology and have resolution of 540X960 pixels and the size of 4 inches offers a distinctive experience superior to the vast majority of the screens which other phones currently have in them.
It have a 5 Megapixel rear end camera which doesn’t seems to be the best camera you can see in a phone but it is also works very well especially with dual flash LED and power of recording high-definition video at 720px. It also have a front facing camera for video calling and to work as Web cam.
Apart from the Tegra 2 dual-core processor at clock speed of 1GHz , there is 1 GB DDR2 RAM, 16 GB internal memory which is enough for all your requirements, but if you want more you can add more storage capacity by adding a microSD card up to 32 GB additional.
At first you will feel uncomfortable when you know that the phone comes with Android 2.2 – Froyo and not with the latest version 2.3 – Gingerbread, but when using the device, you will not feel any lags. As much I think it will be upgradable to version 2.3. In the end the operating system works great and provides an integrated experience without problems, especially the new version of MOTOBLUR which looks better and more beautiful than the previous version.
The field of multimedia is one of the areas in which the device is specially characterized due to its powerful specs, the device supports a wide variety of file formats such as AAC, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WMA9, eAAC +, AMR NB and + ACC in addition to video playback at 30 frames per second. This support for multimedia files without having to install any additional software is very comfortable as it will be able to run almost any video you get on it or downloaded by you.
The phone has a capacity of 1930 mAh battery and provides approximately 13 hours of backup while doing continuous operation, which includes running multiple applications, web browsing and listening to music, recording and video playback but you will certainly need to charge the phone every day before going to sleep.
Motorola introduced some amazing breakthrough accessories for Atrix which increases the functionality of the phone surprisingly. The new accessories includes a HD Dock connector and Laptop Dock.
- The Motorola HD Multimedia Dock has three USB ports and an HDMI port enabling connections to a keyboard, mouse, speakers and HDMI-compatible monitor for working at your desk/office, or connecting to an HDMI-compatible television and home theater audio system for interacting with content and enjoying video, music, games and more in your living room.
- The Motorola Laptop Dock has an incredibly thin design with an 11.6-inch screen, full keyboard, stereo speakers, 36Wh three-cell battery that delivers up to eight hours of battery life and weighs just 2.4 pounds. Users simply dock their Motorola ATRIX 4G into the back of the Laptop Dock to turn it into an active, connected machine to experience true mobility at work, home and playing on-the-go in a form factor that’s lighter and smaller than most laptops on the market.
Video Featuring Motorola Atrix 4G
Tech Specs Chart
- A dual-core processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones, rendering games faster and displaying HD video on big-screen TVs.
- A full 1 GB of RAM for twice the RAM of most smartphones to deliver effortless multi-tasking, such as watching a movie while receiving and responding to email.
- The world’s first qHD display for a smartphone, offering high resolution and 24-bit color, making it easier to read indoors and outdoors.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras and the ability to record in HD.
- Convenient biometric fingerprint reader for easily unlocking your phone while providing extra security.
- Up to 48GB of storage (16GB internal and optional 32GB MicroSD card) – enough to store thousands of songs, photos and movies.
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi 802.11n support, enabling as much as 50 percent faster download and upload speeds in WiFi mode compared to most other smartphones.
- Stereo Bluetooth technology 2.1+EDR (supports profiles A2DP 1.2, AVRCP, HFP 1.5 AG, HID 1.0 Host, HSP 1.0, OPP, PBAP PSE)
- Optional AT&T Mobile Hotspot service for connecting up to five additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
- Under 11 mm thin with an extra large 1930 mAh battery for extended standby and talk time.
- Two microphones for noise-reduction technology so your calls will be heard loud and clear in even the noisiest environments.
- Supports HD video capture and replay for most multimedia standards.
Motorola ATRIX 4G will be available to AT&T customers in Q1 2011. For more ATRIX 4G information visit at homepage and AT&T website. Motorola ATRIX 4G will be available exclusively in the U.S. for AT&T customers.
Unfortunately we have no information yet about the price. We will update you soon as it will be announced.