After the success of Motorola Milestone, Motorola announced the Milestone 2 in last September when the smart phone wars were HOT! Released in October in United States, Milestone is also called as DROID 2 in the USA.
Motorola Milestone is soon hitting the Indian shores on a online store, Letsbuy has added the phone for sell at an really exciting price of Rs. 20,999 INR. That means even less than the first generation of Motorola Milestone and that’s not enough Letsbuy is also offering home delivery in 2 – 4 days and even 12 months warranty.
Here are some key features of Milestone 2
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G with HSDPA and HSUPA support
- 3.7″ 16M-color capacitive touchscreen with WVGA (480x 854 pixels) resolution
- Scratch-resistant Gorilla glass
- One of the slimmest QWERTY side sliders
- TI OMAP3630 1GHz CPU, PowerVR SGX530 graphics accelerator; 512MB of RAM
- Android OS v2.2; MOTOBLUR UI 1.5 with SNS integration
- Web browser with Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- 5 MP autofocus camera with dual-LED flash; face detection, geo-tagging
- 720p HD video recording @ 30fps
- Wi-Fi b/g/n; Wi-Fi hotspot functionality; DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS; Digital compass
- 8GB storage; microSD slot with 8GB card preinstalled
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor, in-pocket detection with auto lock
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Smart and voice dialing
- Office document editor
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
- DivX/XviD video support
However the official launch of Motorola Milestone 2 in India will be soon in next week. Since the Motorola Milestone 2 will be priced at Rs. 20,999 INR it is expected that the Motorola Defy’s price will surely fall and hence it will drop in the margin on 15k phones.
Comparing Motorola Defy with the Milestone 2 here is what we have concluded:
Milestone 2 and Defy are nearly priced same in India but comparing the specifications we find Milestone 2 surely has got better performance.
Motorola Defy gets performance lag as compared to Milestone 2 due to 800MHz processor where as Milestone 2 has got 1GHz processor. Its even predicted that the current version of Android on Milestone 2 will surely get the Gingerbread update while Defy will only be reaching upto Froyo.
There is not much physical change in both the phones except the Sliding qwerty as both the phones have same screen size the dimensions are also equal.
More details are available on Official Product Website.