If you are reading this piece of information, I suppose you might be a loyal Google Search user. Google has announced the launch of a brand new short term course on Power Searching and is inviting users from all over the world to learn about the powerful advanced tools, Google provides to help you find just the right information, when the stakes are high.
Power Searching with Google is a free online, community-based course showcasing search techniques and how to use them to solve real, everyday problems.
Few details about the short course:
- The course comprises of six 50-minute classes.
- It has interactive activities to practice new skills.
- It will give you opportunities to connect with others using Google Groups, Google+, and Hangouts on Air.
- Upon passing the post-course assessment, a printable Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you.
Registration is open from June 26, 2012 to July 16, 2012. It has been recommended to register before the first class which will be released on July 10, 2012!
New classes will become available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting on July 10, 2012 and ending on July 19, 2012. All the course-related activities will end on July 23, 2012.
The schedule of classes is listed below:
- Class 1: July 10
- Class 2: July 11
- Class 3: July 12
- Hangout on Air with search experts: July 13 1:00-1:45pm PDT
- Mid-class assessment due: July 17 at 7:59am PDT
- Class 4: July 17
- Class 5: July 18
- Class 6: July 19
- Hangout on Air with search experts: July 19 11:00-11:45am PDT
- Final assessment due: July 23 at 4:59pm PDT
For an optimal learning experience, please plan to use the most recent version of your browser, as well as a desktop, laptop or a tablet computer instead of your mobile phone.
Register yourself for the course by visiting this link.