Whether you buy free or paid apps from the Apple’s App Store you first have to set up an Apple Account. The account, at times requires you to provide credit card information, in case you want to buy any paid apps. However, some apps are really expensive and therefore removing the credit card or bill payment information becomes necessary, especially if you do not want the purchases to end up on your credit card.
Also, if there is any unfortunate event (losing your credit card or the validity of the credit card has expired) changing/updating your account information becomes essential. So, let us in this post learn how to remove credit card information from an Apple ID?
How to remove credit card information from Apple ID?
- To remove the credit card information, go to ‘Settings’, choose ‘App Store’ under it and tap on your Apple ID.
- Next, tap on ‘View Apple ID’ option.
- Instantly, a box will show up on your iPad letting you access payment information.
- It will load another box with the list of credit cards supported.
- To remove the credit card information from your iPad, simply select the ‘NONE’ option and click on ‘Done’ to save the final changes.
As a safety measure, I logged- in again to confirm if there was any credit card information associated with the account. To my relief, I found none! You can also remove your credit or debit card information from iTunes too, without any hassle.
Hope you find these steps as simple as I have highlighted here and accomplish your goal. If there are any doubts, let us know them in the comments section below.