The Samsung Galaxy S II till now had been Samsung’s flagship smart phone. The 4.2 inch smart phone has been a game changer ever since its launch in May 2011. But there is a new smart phone on the block, the Samsung Galaxy Note. The Samsung Galaxy Note is all set to make its Indian debut and promises to be bigger, better and faster than the current generation of phones.
The 5.3 inch device which was first showcased during the IFA 2011 in Berlin will be launched in India on November 2, 2011. Samsung will be launching the Galaxy Note in India at 2pm (IST) on the 2nd of November. The live webcast will be available at Samsung India’s website (http://www.samsung.com/in/) between 2 to 3pm (IST) on November 2. Samsung is looking forward towards raising the bar for other smart phones. Samsung strongly believes that the Galaxy Note will free users from carrying multiple devices. The Galaxy Note will function as a smart phone as well as a tablet.
The Galaxy Note brings the best from the smart phone and the tablet phone world. In addition to a touch screen it also sports a stylus called the S Pen which is neatly tucked into the bottom panel of the phone. It promises to deliver powerful performance with its 1.4GHz dual core ARM Cortex A9 processor and a richer viewing experience with its 1280×800 pixel WXGA HD Super AMOLED screen. The Samsung Galaxy Note will be running on Android Gingerbread 2.3.5 operating system. The Samsung Galaxy Note is expected to be shipped with 16GB or 32 GB memory. The Galaxy Note is expected to be a pioneer in its segment of super smart phones with innovative features like barometer, magnetometer, GLONASS and NFC.
- Dimensions: – 145.8mm x 82.95mm x 9.65mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: – 178g
- Compatible Networks: – GSM (850/900/1800/1900MHz), UTMS
- (850/900/1900/2100), HSPA+ (21Mbit/s), HSUPA (5.76Mbit/s), LTE
- Operating System: – Android 2.3.5 with TouchWiz UI 4.0
- CPU: – 1.4GHz dual core ARM Cortex A9 SoC processor
- Memory: – 1GB
- Storage: – 16/32GB
- Removable Storage: – microSD (upto 32GB)
- Battery: – Li-ion 2500 mAh
- Display: – 1280×800 pixel, 5.3 inch at 285ppi WXGA HD Super AMOLED
- Camera: – Rear: – 8MP with Auto Focus & Single LED
- Front: – 2MP for video chatting
- Connectivity: – 3.5mm TRRS, Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 3.0, micro USB 2.0, NFC