Samsung’s mirror-less Android camera Galaxy NX which was leaked a few days back is now officially announced. It is the world’s first mirror-less Android camera with an interchangeable lens having 4G LTE functionality. The camera comes with 4.8 inch HD TFT LCD screen and runs an image processor for camera features and quad core CPU for Android 4.2 OS to bring the best of both worlds to the users.
Myoung Sup Han, Senior VP and Head of Digital Imaging for Samsung said:
The GALAXY NX reflects the unique needs of a user who needs to take professional photos and share them immediately in any situation. For those who want to express themselves and the exciting moments that make up their lives quickly, easily and on the go, the GALAXY NX is an ideal choice
Here is a complete list of the official specifications:
- 4.8 inch HD TFT LCD display with SVGA resolution
- 1.6 GHz quad core processor for OS, Samsung DRIMeIV Image processor for imaging
- 16 GB internal memory with Micro SD slot expansion up to 64 GB
- 2 GB RAM
- Dual band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, GLONASS, 3G, 4G LTE
- 20.3 MP APS-C CMOS sensor with built-in pop-up flash and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom software for image editing and processing
- Dimensions: 136.5 x 101.2 x 25.7 (37.65) mm and weight 495 g with battery
- Respectable 4360 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
The ISO, Image, Video and Audio formats and quality supported are outlined in below image.
Samsung said that Galaxy NX is compatible with all 13 lenses available for the NX family including the latest 10 mm f3.5 Fisheye lens. Beside bringing a hundred thousand of apps from Android store, the Samsung TouchWiz will also bring features like Samsung Link, S Voice, S Translator, Group Play, Share picture, Photo Suggest and other out of the box apps for getting started right away.
According to the announcement at the London event, Samsung said that the camera will be available worldwide in Q3. Samsung did not reveal the pricing, but looking at the specifications, we expect it to be priced at least USD 1000 for the features and flexibility it brings. Stay tuned for more related information and follow us on Google+, Twitter and Facebook for more news related to phones, gadgets and tablets.