Many users in the world have the Samsung Galaxy Spica GT-I5700 and they love it, due its good specifications and its acceptable price. But most of them are suffering because it is officially powered by Android 1.5. Here is a detailed tutorial about how to unleash the beast inside Spica and update it to Android 2.1 Eclair.
So Here We Go.
A) – Requirements:
Samsung USB drivers :: [Download]
Odin Multi Downloader v4.03 :: [Download]
- [OPS] :: spica_jc3.ops [Download] .
- [BootLoader] :: I570EXXJF1_CL324368_Bootloader.tar [Download] .
- [Phone] :: I570EXXJD1_Phone.tar [Download] .
- [PDA] :: I570EXXJH7_CL404014_PDA.tar [Download] .
- [CSC] :: I570EXENJH3-CSC-CL445391-XEN.tar [Download]
- [L – Kernel] :: Leshak Kernel [Download]
B) – How To Flash Samsung Galaxy Spica:
- Shutdown your phone and remove the SIM Card and SDCard.
- Press “volume down + power button + camera“ to put the phone into download mode.
- Connect the phone to PC ,using USB cable. And check the connection in Windows device manager, make sure that your phone is properly detected by Windows.
- Run Odin Multi Downloader v4.03.exe. If your phone is properly detected, the Com Port Mapping field should be in yellow background.
- Check Reboot; Protect OPS; Debug Only and uncheck One Package from the options.
- Put All Flash Files in its Right Places!
- When everything is alright Push Start Button, and wait until it’s finished.
Congratulations! you now have the Official Android 2.1 Eclair Version on your Samsung Galaxy Spica.
In the next part we will learn How to get : Root, Recovery, Froyo and to make it a Super fast Phone.