We have seen in part one, how to flash an official ROM based on Android Eclair 2.1. We will now learn how to root the system and boost Samsung Galaxy Spica using Recovery Method. Now after Flashing Official Eclair 2.1, we need to wake up the beast inside it, so let’s do this.
A) Root and Recovery:
1. Now we must do these first preparations:
- Enter download mode.
- Connect the phone using USB cable.
- Open Odin Multidownloader.
- Check for the connection ( The Yellow Background).
2. And now extract the file: [L – Kernel] :: Leshak Kernel [Download].
3. This time just put:
- [OPS] :: spica_jc3.ops – use this for OPS field.
- LkMod-2_5_1-PDA – use this for PDA field.
- Check Debug Only.
- Press Start Button.
- Wait until it finished.
Congratulations you have now Root and Recovery.
Now we reached to the Recovery Method.
B) Recovery Method:
In Recovery we can apply patches that will improve the performance of the Galaxy Spica.
1.Download new version of Leshak Kernel : LK2.10.beta3_update.zip .
2.Put the kernel on the main root of your SD card . And enter to Recovery mod .
3. To enter to Recovery:
- Shutdown your phone .
- Press “volume down + power button + call button (green button)” to put the phone into Recovery.
4. From Recovery Menu Choose Mount and storage :
- Format All [System / Data / Cache ] To EXT2 then Reboot To Recovery Again.
you can do many things here at Recovery mode, but we will learn how to upgrade to unofficial froyo and install the super boost patches.
C) Upgrade To Froyo :
1. There are Three Amazing Mods based on froyo 2.2 Android. (Developed by Devs at Samdroid.net )
A) SamdroidMod 2.2.1 a9 – Froyo: Download
B) CyanogenMod 6.1.1–a8.4 – Froyo: Download
C) SpicagenMod B2 – Froyo: Download
- Choose your Favorite Mod . then download it and put it on the sdcard then apply it in Recovery Mod.
- It will upgrade the phone from Eclair 2.1 to Froyo 2.2.
Congratulations you have successfully upgraded your Samsung Spica to Froyo (Android 2.2).