It is Mobile World Congress this week so do not get surprised if you hear new Smartphone announcements over the next few days. Samsung, the Korean giant has already announced the launch of Galaxy Beam, a handset that directly incorporates projector technology.
The built-in projector technology has become very popular today. It gives the handset ability to project photos and other digital content onto a wall. As reported, Samsung Galaxy Beam packs a 15 lumens projector sufficient to project video, images or PowerPoint presentations up to 50-inches wide.
Samsung Beam sports a 4-inch WVGA TFT LCD display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. It runs on Android 2.3 GingerBread OS and is powered by a 1GHz dual-core processor. The handset is just 12.5mm thick and weighs only 145.3 grams.
The projector phone has dual camera support,
- 5 megapixel rear camera (with LED flash)
- 1.3 megapixel front facing camera for video calls
Also for connectivity, the Smartphone offers support for 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0+ HS and 3.5 mm headphone jack. Plus, it has 786MB RAM along with 8GB of internal memory and a microSD slot as well.
Simon Stanford, Samsung’s Telecommunications and Networks division official said, “The Samsung Galaxy Beam gives people freedom to share what’s important to them instantly with friends and family. With the Galaxy Beam, people can share content from their Smartphone with people around them, using it like a pocket projector to create shared experiences – whether that’s watching movies, sharing holiday snaps or a spontaneous presentation.”
Samsung Beam Specifications in a nutshell:
- 4.0-inch 480×800 (WVGA) TFT display
- 15 lumens projector with high-definition projection up to 50-inch wide
- Android 2.3 GingerBread OS (can be upgraded to Android OS 4.0 – IceCream Sandwich)
- 1 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- Bluetooth 3.0＋HS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, MicroUSB, USB 2.0, a GPS
- 786 MB RAM, 8GB Internal Memory, MicroSD slot (up to 32GB)
- 5MP Auto focus camera with LED flash,
- 1.3MP front-facing camera for video chatting
- 5mm Ear Jack
- 2000 mAh battery
Earlier version of Samsung Galaxy Beam featured a 3.7-inch display and was powered byAndroid 2.1OS.
To see what’s more on MWC visit here.