Sony has announced its new flagship Smartphone Xperia Z1 with similar looks to its predecessor Xperia Z but having a unibody Aluminium chassis. It will be available internationally sometime this month in Black, White and Purple color variants. The price and availability are not revealed as of now. It is waterproof and dust-resistant and comes with 4G LTE support and 20.7 MP rear camera with Sony G Lens.
Here is the list of specifications:
- 5 inch Full HD Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobile and Sony Mobile Bravia Engine 2
- 2.2 GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 2 GB RAM, 16 GB inbuilt storage expandable via Micro SD up to 64 GB
- 20.7 MP rear camera with 27mm G Lens, F2.0 aperture, CMOS Exmor RS Sensor and BIONZ mobile processing engine. Supports video stabilization, HDR and 1080p@30fps
- 2 MP front-facing camera
- 3000 mAh battery
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4G LTE, 3G, NFC, GLONASS, ANT+
- Dimensions: 144x74x8.5mm and weighs 170 grams
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS
The Sony Xperia Z1 is a worthy successor with impressive specifications and is quite possibly one of the best camera phone in the market today barring arguably only Nokia Lumia 1020. The eye-watering 441 PPI pixel density coupled with a revolutionary Triluminos display is a sight in itself. It is rated at IP55 and IP58 for water and dust resistance. Thankfully, unlike Xperia Z Ultra, the camera does have an LED flash.
Kunimaza Suzuki, President and CEO of Sony Mobile Communications said:
Xperia Z1 represents a significant milestone for Sony in our continued efforts to deliver unforgettable experiences to our consumers. Not only by bringing the power of Sony to the Smartphone and through close collaboration with our partners but by setting a new standard in premium Smartphones.
The BIONZ mobile engine ensures pictures with less noise, fast autofocus and highly stable and blur-free images. Sony Xperia Z1 comes with many camera and image related enhancements such as Social Live for broadcasting videos live to Facebook, time Shift Burst which takes 61 images in 2 seconds, Info-Eye which is an Augmented Reality (AR) app to check info about buildings or places in camera frame and AR Effect. More apps can be downloaded from Sony Select.