Sony has officially announced its new water resistant Smartphone Xperia ZR, approximately two weeks after its specifications were leaked. The new Smartphone from Sony is capable of capturing photos and Full HD videos underwater as it comes with the highest level of water-resistance. The phones come branded with IP55/IP58 rating which in layman’s terms means you can keep the phone submerged in 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes.
The phone features a 4.6 inch HD Reality display (shatter proof sheet on scratch resistant glass) with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and is powered by 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad core processor with 2 GB of RAM. Besides having NFC and LTE 4G capability, Sony has loaded the phone with its conventional apps such as Walkman, Movies etc.
The full set of specifications is as follows:
- 4.6 inch HD Reality display with 1280 x 720 resolution (respectable 323 pixels per inch)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad core processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 8 GB internal storage with expansion to 32 GB via Micro SD card slot
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 13 MP rear auto-focus camera with Exmor RS featuring 16x digital zoom with HDR, LED Flash light and a dedicated hardware button
- VGA front camera
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, AGPS, DLNA, MTP, Micro USB, NFC and 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA)
- Wireless: EDGE, GPRS, 3G, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 2300 mAh battery
- Size: 131 x 67.4 x 10.4 mm and weight: 140 grams
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Director of Sony Xperia Marketing Calum MacDougall added, “The Xperia ZR pushes the boundaries on where and how consumers can use the full potential of their Smartphone. By combining Sony’s leading camera technology with the highest level of water-resistance, you will never miss another moment. Bringing together the best of Sony’s leading technology, media applications and easy one-touch connectivity with the largest ever range of NFC-enabled accessories, the Xperia ZR deliver the unique Smartphone experience that people can expect from Sony.”
Sony Xperia ZR will be available in Black and White color options. Pricing and availability details are not yet available but we will update you as soon as they are. Stay tuned for more information about this Smartphone and follow us on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook for the latest in technology and gadgets.