Here is list of top ten Core i5 laptops, which we think are among the best available in the market today. At the end of the post in an Infographic or Comparision Chart, which will make it easier for you to compare features and tech specs of each against the other.
Acer Aspire 5750G
- Low price of £530.
- 16:9 LED backlit screen.
- Speakers are pretty decent.
- The Nvidia graphics card and Turbo-boost speed of 2.9GHz.
- Lack of a Blu-ray drive.
- No USB 3.0 and Bluetooth.
- The track-pad is positioned just a little too far to the left of the deck.
Apple MacBook Pro 13 In
- An excellent Wi-Fi card 3×3 2.4/5GHz.
- Acceptable Keyboard backlight.
- The body is made up of sleek and solid aluminium.
- Sleek, light, cool.
- No USB 3 ports.
- Integrated Intel graphics.
- More than 2 Kg heavy compare to the Sony Vaio C feel like a lump of lead.
- A Blu-ray combo drive.
- Nvidia graphics card with 6GB of RAM.
- A remarkably bright display panel with very good viewing angles.
- Built-in hybrid DVB-T/analogue TV tuner
- Hefty 2.8kg weight.
Dell Latitude E6420
- Gunfire vibration resistance shell is made from brushed aluminium and magnesium and approved to the US Department of Defence’s MIL-STD 810G standard.
- Come with additional mouse buttons overhead the track-pad.
- No base flex.
- Keys are well placed for a very pleasant typing experience.
- Solid build like as a rock.
- The unfashionable exterior of the Latitude conceals built-like-a-brick-outhouse build quality.
- A web-cam seems a bit abrupt.
- Weight over 2kg.
Fujitsu T901 Lifebook
- A rotating lid.
- Lot of accessories with laptop.
- Multi-touch gestures are very handy.
- Very versatile design.
- Handy gizmo circular dimple in the keyboard deck work as a scroll wheel.
- Removal DVD drive
- The built-in speaker’s sound quality is not good.
- Only three USB ports.
- Very expensive.
Hewlett-Packard Pavilion Dv6
- Two graphics chip Intel for day-to-day work and a Radeon 6490 for the gaming.
- Decent battery life supported by the larger than average 55Wh power pack.
- Good sound systems make music sound less compressed.
- Rock-solid build-quality and curvy looks.
- Handy button to quick launch a web browser, a fingerprint scanner and a track-pad with a white LED surround.
- A strange bulge in the keyboard around the F1-F3/2-4/Q-E area in my opinion.
- No Blu-ray drive.
Lenovo T420 ThinkPad
- A class-leading keyboard with typical ThinkPad -very square, very black and beautifully made.
- Good power saving features.
- The best keyboard with in business laptop category.
- 320 GB hard drive with 7200 rpm.
- Cheap white LED keyboard backlight.
- No HDMI port.
- Only 4 GB RAM.
- Battery is not up to mark compare to other machine.
Medion Akoya E6221
- Decent laptop with a 640GB HDD and two USB3 ports.
- Solid build and feels lighter than the cited 2.65kg.
- The display is bright and crisp with matte finish screen.
- Two small 10-pence sized speakers set boosted by Dolby’s Advanced Audio jiggery-pokery.
- Body is made of gloss black plastic looking like the laptop equivalent of Darth Vader’s helmet and same with track-pad.
- The chicklet keyboard.
- Poor battery backup.
Sony Vaio C
- The automatic light adjusters for screen and keyboard are pretty handy.
- The truly excellent low-light performance 1.3 webcam comes with Exmor CMOS sensor.
- On the deck handy button to quick launch a web browser.
- Sony offers variety of colour such as pink, green and orange – although the white and black versions are probably the best bet if you sell it on later.
- Only 4GB RAM in this price.
- In this price only 320 GB Hard disk.
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6470, other offers HD 6490.
- Price is high compare to hardware spec.
Toshiba Satellite L755
- The body is made of faux carbon-fibre.
- Nvidia graphics chip.
- Machine had a Blue-ray writer.
- Onkyo stereo speakers’ gives impressive sound and fine clarity.
- 6 GB RAM.
- Keyboard layout is a little bit odd due to flat glossy square keys and gap between the keys, if you are not used to.
Infographic: Specification Comparison Chart – Click To Enlarge
Stay tuned for more gadgets review!