In this tutorial I am going to shows you how to create a custom firmware which will help you to preserve your baseband, so you never lose your unlocking (Ultrasn0w) those who don’t have factory unlocked iPhone. This guide also show you how jailbreak your iPhone, so it will helpful for factory unlocked iPhone user.
However there are other way and software to jailbreak and prevent your baseband from upgrading. I will cover in my next tutorial.
Compatibility list of device which are currently supported:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone Verizon 4 (CDMA)
- iPod Touch 3G/4
- iPad 1
- Apple TV 2
- Download stock firmware via iTunes or any reliable source. The iTunes dowmload and store the firmware in this location in the Window 7 is “C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\Apple\Apple Software Update”. This location is hidden you have to change the unhidden the view setting.
- The Windows Vista/Window 7 users, you will need to run the Sn0nbreze in Administrator mode.
- Connect your iPhone to computer.
- Run the Sn0wbreeze and you will see squish screens which show you that this software is not for commercial use. Close it. Click the blue arrow to proceed.
- Now you will need to select the stock iOS 4.3.3 firmware which you already downloaded. You can do this by simply “drag” the firmware or using “Browse” tab. Well I prefer dragging.
6. Select “Expert Mode” and click on the blue arrow to continue.
8. In this window you choose customize option such animated boot logo, install openSSH, enable gesture menu (it’s only available in iOS 4.3), Increase or decrease the root partition size and battery percentage.
Note: Increase the partition size of your root to at-least 1013 or more to be on the safe side.
10. After completing the customization options, click on the blue arrow to next step. Now sn0wbreeze will create the custom firmware.
11. Now select the “Build IPSW” then click on the blue arrow to create the custom firmware.
13. Now, put the iPhone in DFU mode. Follow the instructions on the screen. If are unable to put your device in DFU mode, then try again.
14. Just to open your iTunes, then you can see a message which show you the device is in recovery mode. Click ok to continue.
15. Hold down the Shift key and click on restore the custom firmware. Don’t be confuse between original and custom firmware,the custom firmware named as “sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.3.3”. Look the image below.
Watch the video!
Please skip the video from 1.08 to 11.23 minute because too long, otherwise you can watch the whole video.