If you own an Honor phone, you should know that call waiting and call forwarding in Honor phones is same has Huawei Phones as both run EMUI. Since this is a network supported feature, you can only activate it when having a working SIM inside. Let’s figure out how to get this done.
Activate call forwarding & waiting in Honor phones with EMUI
Call forward is a really helpful feature. We all don’t want to miss any call, and this feature makes sure it can get your call to another number. However, network providers do plugin this feature into the OS. So if you cannot find it, its because your operator has restricted it.
Honor Smartphones offers EMUI in their smartphones. It varies a lot compared to stock Android experience, and the settings are bit different.
Steps to Activate Call forwarding for Honor phones with EMUI
- Go to Settings > Wireless and Network > Call Settings. This will list all the SIM and its features here.
- Go to the selection of the SIM for which you want to activate call forwarding
- You have “Call forwarding” option here. Tap on it.
- Now choose under which scenario you want to activate call forwarding for your Huawei Phone.
- The settings will have the following options. Always forward, When busy, When unanswered, When unreachable.
- Tap on the option which fits well in your scenario.
- Next, you can enter a number manually. You can also pick up from the contact book.
- Once you select a number, click on Turn on.
- It will update the settings, and you are done.
Note: If you have previously selected a number, it will be available. Since this is stored with the operator, it will show up even when you switch the phone.
To turn off Call forwarding, come back to the same place, and select Turn off You can also update to another number if you wish to change.
Steps to Activate Call waiting for Honor phones with EMUI
- Go to Settings > Wireless and Network > Call Settings > Aditional Settings.
- You have “Call waiting” option here. Tap to toggle it on i.e. enable it.
- If you wish to disable call waiting, toggle the option off. Post this, you will not get any notification of incoming calls during a call in progress.
Note: Chances are you will find this option already turned on.
Enabling both of these services are very easy. Hope this guide helped you with activate call forwarding and waiting in Honor phones with EMUI.
Call forwarding, call waiting, call barring, etc are very common now. It is available as a basic free service in most of the countries. However, always make sure that the policies did not change recently, and you know if it’s paid or free.