Some might remember a smartphone which was displayed by Asian Giant Acer at IFA 2011 in Berlin, under the name ‘W4’. It seems now that it is ready to make its first impression as soon it will be launched in France with a new name, Allegro. Although it is very first attempt from Acer with Windows Phone 7.5, it doesn’t look like Acer has made any special efforts to make it class apart as its hardware fails to impress.
It sports 3.6-inches WVGA (800×480) display, 1GHz single-core Qualcomm MSM8255 CPU, 8GB internal storage and 5MP camera with LED flash. So clearly you can see, with no angle it can top the hardware specifications department as many other companies like Apple, Samsung and Nokia have already launched their devices carrying more powerful hardware than this one. However one unique addition has been made to this $425 (€299) device and that is, it is loaded with a feature called “Fast Charge”, which enables Allegro to get charged up 2.5 times faster than rest of the companies’ product lines.
Those who are planning to buy this decent device must have to wait few more days as Allegro is planned to be launched in mid-November and as explained before, its first stop of world tour will be the country that hosts city of love, France. The Allegro will be available in two colors, viz. Black and White.
Though the Allegro fails to impress in hardware department, company has managed to pull off nice job while designing it. Its edges are rounded smoothly and are exact in size, it sports only three buttons as almost all the Windows Phones carries and it is not much bulky.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango
- CPU: 1GHz single-core Qualcomm MSM8255 Processor
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA, WLAN (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA)
- Memory: 512MB RAM, 8 GB storage expandable up to 32 GB with MicroSD card
- Display: 3.6-inch WVGA (800 x 480)
One of the important features that make devices carrying Windows Phone 7 operating systems attractive, is SkyDrive. It is a web-based feature offered by Microsoft which helps a user to store its data on virtual drive thus eliminating memory limit of internal storage.
The Allegro has everything that a mid-range smartphone should contain and therefore it can be a good competitor in mid-range segment with decent quality/price ratio.
Watch video of Acer Allegro
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android