Sony XPERIA S has arrived a few days back into the market and is giving some fight to HTC One X. The phone is having Android 2.3 Gingerbread as pre-installed OS. Now, the Ice Cream Sandwich update is all set to arrive on XPERIA S. This update will bring in a lot of interesting stuff to the phone.
Sony is introducing three new applications for the Xperia S with this update. These applications will enhance the media by giving you a completely different experience. The three apps “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies” will allow you to enjoy you music, movies and photos in a much enhanced way.
The Three Media Apps of Sony XPERIA S
The “WALKMAN” application blends the best of signature Sony audio technology with social features. It lets you to discover the music which your friends like. You can also share your personal favorites using the app. Facebook integration gives you a visual way to interact with content – accessing album art, artist images and information, directly from Gracenote®.
The “Album” application brings new intuitive ways to sort and browse high quality photos and videos in blazing speed. It will also provide instant viewing, commenting and sharing of photos on Facebook and other online albums. This will enhance the capabilities of the camera of XPERIA S
The “Movies” application streamlines the playback and viewing of movies in high quality audio and video. It also comes along with an intelligent database search which can grab movie posters and information for a richer experience.
Android 4.0 Upgrade for XPERIA S
Despite these three media applications, the software update will upgrade your current stock OS to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. The software update will bring some new features to the Interface of the OS. Some of them are –
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets (improved personalization)
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for clear overview of your applications
You can update the software straight away from the device over mobile networks and WiFi. You can also install the update using a computer.
The size of this update is around 200 MB so make sure that you stay connected to the WiFi till the file will be downloaded completely.
Step-By Step Guide
Here’s a step-by-step video guide which was uploaded on XPERIA Channel.
Official Video – Software update of XPERIA S
Source: Sony Mobile Blog.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android