Apple has chosen Sharp to manufacture low-temperature poly-silicon (p-Si) LCD displays technology for the sixth -generation iPhone due in 2012. The production of the display will be start in the spring of 2012.
The displays are to be assembled in the Sharp Kameyama Plant No. 1, which is presently manufacturing LCD TVs according to Japanese newspaper Nikkan, according to a report
The technology that will be used by the future iPhone 6 delivers thinner and lighter displays that consume lesser power than is currently being used in smartphones. It’s an essential part of the noble smartphone design.
In a “p-Si LCD,” the thin film transistor, or TFT, of the display is prepared of polycrystalline silicon. This technique allows the electrical components to be assimilated directly into the glass substrate, creating a “system on glass” on which signal processing circuits optical sensors, and extra components are located. This process helps in decreasing the TFT sector and allows for a thinner LCD display.
This technology allow manufacturers to save the space within the chipset by removing additional circuitry. The sixth generation iPhone therefore has better battery life and enhanced efficiency of the device. The other plus point of p-Si displays is that they have higher aperture ratio and also produce more vivid pictures. Most of connecting pins are reduced, which provides for better durability.
iPhone 4 sales touch sky-high, because of its display with the high-density 326ppi screen labelled a “Retina Display” by Apple.
However p-Si LCD technology sounds extraordinarily talented. Sharp always make fantastic mobile screens and LCD panel. I am very excited to see sixth generation iPhone with low power consumption, thicker screen and integration of other components directly onto the “System On Glass”.
Really iPhone 6 will be a major change.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android