Asus has released its own Transformer Pad TF701T with 10.1 inch display packing Nvidia’s Tegra 4 Quad-core processor inside and also an upgraded version of its 11.6 inch tablet Transformer Book Trio which runs on both Android and Windows 8. Transformer Pad is expected to be available sometime later this month while the upgraded Transformer Book Trio will be available before 2013-end. The pricing information was not revealed as of now.
Transformer Pad TF701T specifications:
- 10.1 inch WQXGA 2560×1600 LED-backlit IPS display with 330 PPI and 10-point multitouch
- Nvidia Tegra 4 T40X Quad-core processor
- 2 GB DDR3L RAM
- 32/64 GB internal storage with Micro SDXC (tablet) and SDXC (dock) slots
- 5 MP rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, auto focus and Full HD recording
- 1.2 MP front-facing camera with 720p HD recording
- Dual band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n with Miracast, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR
- Micro HDMI port, USB 3.0 port, 3.5 mm headphone/mic jack
- Inbuilt microphone, speaker with Asus SonicMaster technology
- Accelerometer, ambient light, e-compass and gyroscope sensors
- Battery: 31 Wh Li-PO with 13 hour backup (tablet), 16Wh Li-PO with 4 hour backup (dock)
- Size and Weight: 263 x 180.8 x 8.9mm, 585g (tablet), 263 x 180.8 x 7mm, 570g (dock)
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
Transformer Pad will be available in dark gray color and will only be available in the Wi-Fi version. It is expected to be priced expensively. The Transformer Book Trio is a three-in-one device which can be used as an Android tablet, Windows Desktop PC with an external display with a keyboard dock or as a Windows or Android laptop with keyboard dock.
Asus noted in a press release:
With the ability to switch between Windows 8 and Android at the press of a button, Transformer Book Trio offers unmatched three-in-one flexibility for users who want the best of all mobile world.
The tablet packs 11.6 inch Full HD IPS display, Intel Atom Z7260 Clover Trail+ processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16/32/64 GB of storage expandable via Micro SD card slot, 4 MP rear camera and a front-facing camera. On the connectivity front, it features Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, Micro USB port and an audio jack. The Keyboard dock features Intel Haswell processor supporting up to Core i7, 4 GB of RAM and 1 TB storage. It has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 2 X USB 3.0 ports, a mini DisplayPort, Micro HDMI port and an audio jack.
Looking at the specifications it is also expected to be available in the premium range. Stay tuned for more coverage from IFA.
- These tricks can make Internet work faster on your smartphone
- These are the most loved mobile phones of all time in the world
- These apps can help you make money through your smartphone
- These are the most followed people on the Instagram
- These are the most followed people on Twitter
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- This is what happens on the Internet in one minute
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android