Mac users can heave a sigh of relief. Avira have announced the release of a free antivirus software for Mac operating system called Avira Mac Security.
Avira Free Mac Security packs award-winning malware detection into a smart application that almost never needs your attention. Just install it and continue to enjoy your Mac, free of viruses and free of antivirus hassles too.
For long have Mac users boasted that their OS was immune from malware attacks, little realizing that people were just not interested in attacking their computers because of their low market share. But now that the Mac operating system has shown a steady growth, malware writers seem to have taken an interest in it. And compared to the battle-hardened Windows, malware writers are now finding Mac to be an easy target.
In fact, Crimekits for writing Mac malware have also been released and are readily available. To fight the menace, Apple had also posted a new support document KBHT4650 some time back on its website, promising to release a malware removal tool for the Mac OS X users.
Now apart from Kaspersky, Symantec, McAfee, Intego, PC Tools and Trend Micro who offer paid security solutions for Mac computers, we also have Sophos, Avast and now Avira who offer a free antivirus for Mac.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android