If your website has good visitors, page views are socially optimized, SEO friendly, and you update it regularly; and in spite of all these efforts, you find that it is not earning as good as you expected, you might want to read this article on the best location to place Ads.
Best location to place Ads on News Websites to earn maximum revenue
It is entirely possible that it may be because of the wrong placement of the Ad unit on the pages. We are starting a whole new series to help bloggers and website owners in the right placement of advertisements on their website to get the best results. In this first article of series, we are giving suggestions for News Portal Websites.
If you are running a news portal, then you must consider the following suggestions to increase the ad revenue by getting more click through and impressions.
Homepage Ad Placement
You can put up to 3 standard AdSense for content ads on your homepage. We recommend using either a 728×90 leaderboard or a 300×250 medium rectangle ad format according to your page layout.
Content Page Ad Placement
- Place a 300×250 medium rectangle embedded into the content for placement targeting and better integration.
- Put a 728×90 leaderboard or a 468×60 banner below the article to attract the user’s attention when they finish reading.
- Place a 160×600 wide skyscraper below the side navigation bar.
- Add two 468×15 link units below the title and between the article and the leaderboard (728×90) or banner (468×60).
- Adding an Adsense for Search search box next to the top navigation bar would be an additional way to monetize your site.
We are soon going to give tips for better ads placed on other types of sites also. Stay Tuned and subscribe to our email newsletter!
You can Contact Us, if you want us to review your website or Blog personally for better recommendations, for free!