On Tuesday November 15, RIM made an important announcement which is sure to cheer up many of its fans. In an event held recently in Indonesia, it took the curtains off its two new models viz. Bold 9790 and Curve 9380.. The announcement came as a relief from rumors which were in the air for quite some time regarding the launch.
With the launch of these two pretty devices, Canadian Smartphone giant has also revealed its new OS, BlackBerry OS 7. Although the new model BlackBerry Bold 9790 looks very similar to its lower end brother Curve 9360, which has been dressed up like Bold 9900/9930; it has many features in its bag to offer.
The Bold 9790 comes as a solid installment in BlackBerry Bold series featuring QWERTY keypad and touch screen. Clearly the BlackBerry Bold 9790 has been made by mixing some of the best attributes like touch screen and angled keys.
- Operating System: BlackBerry OS 7
- Processor: 1 GHz Marvel Tavor MG1
- Memory: 768 MB RAM, 8192 MB internal storage, expandable up to 32 Gb
- Display: 2.45-inches HVGA capacitive touch screen display providing 640×480 pixels output
- Camera: 5 MP LED, Auto focus, Face detection, Digital zoom with flash
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n/a), NFC, Computer sync, OTA sync
- Other features: HSDPA 7.2 Mbit/s, UMTS, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, EDGE, GPS, A-GPS
The RIM has hinted that this device may be a little cheaper for end-users. Although RIM has slashed its price, this shrinkage has come with sacrifice like slower processor, a display with lower graphics capacity and plastic body.
On first inspection of this device, our first impression was despite of absence of some great features of 9900, the device has been dressed up quite well. Not a single thing is present in device which lets you feel its “cheaper price”. The touch screen works well, all the swipes and touches were detected without any issue and even we can surely say that once you started using this touch screen device, you might never use normal keypad phone again.
The company has not revealed that what exactly the price would be and when it will be launched. Still, we expect it to be out by end of this year.