‘All work and no play make jack a dull boy’, the condensed and memorable saying implies without time off from work, a person becomes both bored and boring. So, to prevent this from happening to us, many while working, access non-work related or social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube that are strictly prohibited in our offices.
The trouble lies in hiding the content, especially when the boss is around. Therefore, the need of a panic button that can simply provide a quick and simple way to close all non-important tabs thereby saving us from any possible embarrassment becomes essential. Well, Boss Alert, a Chrome extension allows you to exactly this. It enables you to hide all your inappropriate tabs instantly or just keep your browser clean.
Once added, you just need to add a shortcut key that you can use any time to hide your website. When activated, the application converts text of the webpage to Latin and causes images to fade away; making the website you’re browsing almost-completely incomprehensible to your boss. You can invariably bring back Latin text and faded images to normal by pressing the same key, which you had used to activate the application.
By default the “´” and “~” keys are used for the hiding purposes but, one can assign his own key from the extension options. When you specify one by yourself, the default ones turn inactive. The only glitch with the application is sometimes some images are not well-rendered back when showing them again, forcing you to refresh the tab after the process.
Boss Alert Installation & Setup
- Download and install the extension via link provided at the end of the article.
- When done, you will observe an ‘empty spot’ which is supposed to be your new invisible ‘Boss Alert’ button. Along with it, you will also receive a short message from the extension management.
Thus, Boss Alert appears as a good application, serving the purpose well, for which it has been designed i.e. keep some websites out of sight from prying eyes.
Get Boss Alert from Chrome Web Store.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android