Option to copy games from PSP UMD to Computer is one of the most exciting topics in PSP Gaming. There definitely must have been a question in your mind whether it is possible to copy a Game from your PSPs UMD and paste it onto your computer. So for all those people who have been waiting to do this and trying for long to copy the PSP UMD game to Computer, there is good news. YES, you can!
How to copy games from PSP UMD to Computer
- Make sure to have a cracked PSP with custom firmware
- To Rip UMD, insert it into PSP
- Copy PSP games to memory stick
- Connect PSP to the computer, and then you can copy PSP games.
- For Older Firmware, change the version number.
Now that you know the overall process let’s figure out how to transfer PSP games in detail.
However, it is stipulated to one condition, and that is you need to have a cracked PSP. What I mean by cracked PSP is that you should have Custom Firmware (CFW) installed on it. Note that you should be using the latest Custom Firmware so that the process can be executed on your device quickly.
To be very specific, I would suggest you go for the PRO-B series of Custom Firmware since they are easy to install and light in weight. And also ensure that you are on CFW 6.20 or higher. So once you are ready to start the process, follow these steps:
- Ensure that the UMD Auto-Start option is Turned Off.
- Insert the UMD of the game you want to copy in the PSPs UMD Slot.
- Now press the Select Button on your PSP, and you should see the CFW Menu.
- Move down to the USB DEVICE option, which should be MEMORY STICK.
- Using the Left Arrow key change it to UMD Disc and then EXIT the menu.
- Now connect your PSP to the computer and select USB Connection.
- If correctly done, instead of the regular Memory Stick you will see the UMD Disc.
- Just open it and copy games from PSP UMD to Computer.
This way you can copy all your games to a computer and store them on your system. But once you are done, do not forget to change back the USB DEVICE option back to MEMORY STICK.
How to copy games from PSP UMD to Computer with Older Firmware
This section is going to be helpful to a lot of people out there. If you have a PSP that uses an older Custom Firmware Version and if it does not allow you to update your PSP Firmware but gives you a message saying, “Your PSP is already up-to-date” then this will solve your problem.
The problem arises because of a file Version.txt. It holds the PSPs firmware version which is 9.90. To update your device all you have to do is follow the same procedure except for once change.
- Instead of UMD Disc set the USB DEVICE option to FLASH0.
- Connect your PSP to the computer and select USB Connection.
Now you should be able to access the system files of your PSP. Find the text file named Version.txt and change your version from 9.90 to say 6.00 or 6.20. Once done save the text file, exit and you should be done !!