Popping up ads on the Android smartphones is annoying while surfing the web or even while using the smartphones. The pop-ups mainly come forth while browsing any website that contains pop-up scripts. It can also cause due to any of the infected apps you installed lately. However, here are the solutions to disable ad pop-ups in Android Smartphone.
Guide to disable ad pop-ups in Android
As aforementioned, the pop-ups can cause from many ways. In this article, we analyze and solve every issue with specific simple methods.
Block websites from showing pop-ups in Chrome
If you see the pop-up ads while using the Google Chrome browser, follow this method to disable ad pop-ups in Android when using the default browser.
- Open Google Chrome from your smartphone.
- Tap on the ellipsis icon (More options button) at the top URL Bar.
- Navigate to the Settings from the list.
- Under the Advanced section, tap on Site settings.
- There you can see many options to grant or revoke permissions to the website, including Camera, microphone, Script loading, etc. Tap on Pop-ups and toggle off the button seeing in the very next window.
- You can also see websites excluded from blocking the pop-ups under Exceptions.
- If you want to remove the exceptions, tap on the URL and choose Clear & Reset. This will reset the pop-up settings for the specific websites. Next time the website needs to show you the pop-ups, it will ask for the permission.
Block websites from showing pop-ups in Mozilla Firefox
Things are not this straightforward if you are using Mozilla Firefox as the primary browser on your Android smartphone. Here is how.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser on your smartphone.
- Tap on URL bar and enter about:config.
- Search for dom.disable_open_during_load in the page.
- Tap on “Toggle” button to set it false.
- You would not see any more pop-up ads on your Mozilla Firefox browser anymore.
- You can re-enable the feature by going to the same page and toggle the option to true.
Block or Remove the apps that show unnecessary pop-ups
Well, you could have installed some scam apps on your smartphone accidentally. Some of them might cause vexatious ad pop-ups, enough to kill your time closing it. It is challenging to find whichever the app create the issue at a glance. Here is the perfect solution.
- From your smartphone, go to Settings > Apps > Permissions > Draw over other apps OR Settings > Draw over other apps.
- You can see the list of apps that have permissions to display the app contents while using the smartphone. If you find any of the apps unnecessary, tap on it and revoke the access to draw over other apps.
If you still could not find which apps cause the popups, continue reading.
- Use any adblocker app from the Google Play Store to get some temporary relief.
- In case you want to find and uninstall the affected apps, go to Google Play Store and download any good antivirus apps.
- Here, we choose Malwarebytes for scanning.
- Scan the entire smartphone for once, especially apps.
- Find the apps that have unnecessary permissions and shows pop-up ads. Uninstall the apps.
- Voila! Your smartphone is completely a pop-up ad-free one.
These are best ways if you had always scratching your head, and thinking How do I stop pop up ads on my android phone? These steps will not only block pop-ups from Chrome, and Firefox, but also help you to stop ads on my android phone which had always annoyed.