Now Android users can stream the video, music and photos the Apple TV using AirPlay. DoubleTwist, an Android app has released an update which allows AirPlay streaming to the Android phones. DoubleTwist app works with Apple TV or any other compatible device while also claiming beta support for Sonos. This updated version has capability to play your video, music and view pictures from your Android phone to big screen.
The DoubleTwist Android app totally free, but there is a catch you have purchase the AirSync tweak and it will cost you $4.99 in order to you the Airplay. With the help AirSync tweak you can synchronize wirelessly with iTunes library and streaming to DLNA or uPnP compatible devices.
Twonky Mobile is a substitute for DoubleTwist app which is also free and compatible with Airplay, but without the tight iTunes integration.
What’s New in this version:
- doubleTwist now supports AirPlay for users who have upgraded to AirSync. Stream to Apple TV (music, videos and photos) and DLNA devices (music and videos). Beta support for Sonos.
- When a supported device such as the Apple TV is recognized on the same WiFi network as your Android device, you can start streaming to it from the doubleTwist playback controls if you are an AirSync user.
- Modified the doubleTwist Settings, including a new About section.
- Various bug fixes.
DoubleTwist is available in Android Marketplace.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android