As expected, Google unveiled their new Nexus 7 tablet at the “Breakfast with Sundar Pichai” event. The tablet brings improvements and advancements in almost every aspect when compared to its predecessor. It packs a 7 inch Full HD screen with 1.5 GHz quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and 2 GB of RAM.
Here is a list of complete specifications:
- 7 inch Full HD 1920x1200p IPS display with 323 PPI pixel density
- 1.5 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and Adreno 320 GPU
- 2 GB of RAM
- 5 MP rear camera and 1.2 MP front camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, dual band Wi-Fi, NFC, Wireless charging, HDMI, GPS
- 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage without Micro SD card slot
- Dual speakers on the back with Virtual Surround Sound and Fraunhofer’s audio improvements
- Battery with 9 hour video playback or 10 hours web and reading
- 7.62mm thick with 318g weight
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS
When compared to the older Nexus 7, it is a big improvement having a 1.8 mm slimmer profile and reduced bezels by 3 mm on each side. It has the highest pixel density of 323 PPI on any tablet till now and is also the first device to officially ship with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. In terms of processing power, the processor is 80% faster while the graphics processor has 4 times the graphics frame rate. The new Nexus 7 also offers 30% wider range of colors than the original Nexus 7.
The new Nexus 7 will be sold in three different versions – 16 GB Wi-Fi only, 32 GB Wi-Fi only and 64 GB Wi-Fi + LTE (which will work with AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile). These will be priced at $229.99, $269.99 and $349.99 respectively. The tablet is available to pre-order today and will ship from July 30 in the US through retailers including Best Buy, Staples, Walmart and Amazon. Apart from US, it will also be released in the UK, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Australia, South Korea and Spain and will come to more countries soon.
The tablet is a great improvement over the previous Nexus 7. It is also lighter by 50g which is a comparatively a good reduction as compared to its 318 g weight. The only negative is the absence of memory card slot and the presence of an international 3G version to be used in countries where 4G is not yet rolled out. Asus manufactured this new Nexus 7 tablet which is a good news since the first one was also manufactured by the same OEM and was an instant hit.
Stay tuned to our blog and follow us on Google+, Twitter and Facebook for more related news on tablets, gadgets and phones.
- 10 Best Online Photo Sharing Websites
- Best Video Players for Android devices in 2019
- Best Loan apps for Android
- Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Best Video Editor Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Editing Apps for Android
- Best Android Launchers
- Best Android Apps To Draw On Pictures
- Best Android Keyboards with Clipboard Features
- Best Poster Maker Apps for Android